Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Voice - Verizon Wireless

I LOVE my new S5 - I've been playing with it all day and I almost have it finally configured the way I want....

However, I can't get my Google voicemail to work on my Verizon Wireless phone.

I tried setting it up and when it says it can't configure (because big red wants me to pay for their visual voicemail) I did the dial *71(google voice mail number) and it's still not working!

Please help,
    Katherine

Global Posts
    804 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

Default Re: Google Voice - Verizon Wireless

I haven't been able to get Google Voice(mail) to work on Verizon for a while. I gave up probably 6-8 months ago.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone gets it to work.

Posted via Android Central App

That is what you get with Verizon. Even AT&T includes VVM now with their smartphones.

I have it working fine on Verizon. Do *71[google #], then *90[google #], finally *92[google #]. It has worked fine since
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I did that and I think it's stuck in a loop - the voicmail will only pick up after like 15 rings (which I don't consider actually working).

I think your phone is forwarding the calls to google voice, then eventually your google voice number is ringing enough times that voicemail picks up. Have you tried going to Google Voice on your browser and in there check the settings. In the first tab you should see phones. Your google voice and phone should be linked already, but if they're not that would be the place I would start. They shoudl be though, as a current user, so you should see your mobile phone number at the top of the list. Below the number is an "activate Google voicemail on phone" link. Or a deactivate one if it's already activated. I would try using that link and following the instructions. If it's already activated, try deactivating it and then activating it. I just set up my new S5 this way and it's about 4 - 5 rings before Google voice picks right up. G/L - it should work.