- 73 Posts
Google Voice - Verizon Wireless
I LOVE my new S5 - I've been playing with it all day and I almost have it finally configured the way I want....
However, I can't get my Google voicemail to work on my Verizon Wireless phone.
I tried setting it up and when it says it can't configure (because big red wants me to pay for their visual voicemail) I did the dial *71(google voice mail number) and it's still not working!
- 04-11-2014, 06:32 PM #2
- 04-11-2014, 06:38 PM #3
- 04-11-2014, 06:56 PM #4
- 11-10-2014, 05:12 PM #6
- 7 Posts
Re: Google Voice - Verizon Wireless
I think your phone is forwarding the calls to google voice, then eventually your google voice number is ringing enough times that voicemail picks up. Have you tried going to Google Voice on your browser and in there check the settings. In the first tab you should see phones. Your google voice and phone should be linked already, but if they're not that would be the place I would start. They shoudl be though, as a current user, so you should see your mobile phone number at the top of the list. Below the number is an "activate Google voicemail on phone" link. Or a deactivate one if it's already activated. I would try using that link and following the instructions. If it's already activated, try deactivating it and then activating it. I just set up my new S5 this way and it's about 4 - 5 rings before Google voice picks right up. G/L - it should work.
- By bears12th in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 4Last Post: 04-14-2015, 07:13 PM
- By Wildo6882 in forum Google Play edition HTC One M8Replies: 28Last Post: 06-05-2014, 11:03 PM
- By kristynrenee in forum Android 4.0 Ice Cream SandwichReplies: 2Last Post: 05-21-2014, 09:22 AM
- By m22run in forum HTC One M8Replies: 2Last Post: 04-12-2014, 08:16 AM
- By mrsmumbles in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 5Last Post: 04-11-2014, 09:48 PM