Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 75
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    asuprice's Avatar

    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts

    Default Galaxy S5: rattle

    Do you have any rattle whenv the Phone is shook lightly?
  2. #2  
    robstunner's Avatar
    Android Connoisseur

    Posts
    728 Posts
    Global Posts
    911 Global Posts

    Default Re: rattle

    Yep, same here. Almost sounds like its the camera, because it still makes the noise when your holding down the buttons.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: rattle

    Quote Originally Posted by asuprice View Post
    Do you have any rattle whenv the Phone is shook lightly?
    Yep I hear a rattle noise
  4. #4  

    Default Re: rattle

    same.. annoying rattle everytime i tap the top of the screen..not to mention the body shift issues the S series is notorious for.

    i'm about an hour away from finalizing my decision to return this phone...i'm just shocked how bad the camera is.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: rattle

    Quote Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
    same.. annoying rattle everytime i tap the top of the screen..not to mention the body shift issues the S series is notorious for.

    i'm about an hour away from finalizing my decision to return this phone...i'm just shocked how bad the camera is.
    Got any example shots?

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: rattle

    All this talk of rattling is awful. I know many don't mind but I can't stand rattles.

    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)
  7. #7  

    Default Re: rattle

    Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Got any example shots?

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Absolutely disappointed with the camera - xda-developers
  8. #8  

    Default Re: rattle

    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    All this talk of rattling is awful. I know many don't mind but I can't stand rattles.

    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)
    Can't stand rattles, wobbly home buttons (Note 3) or 16GB models......That's just me.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: rattle

    Quote Originally Posted by felloffthetruck View Post
    Can't stand rattles, wobbly home buttons (Note 3) or 16GB models......That's just me.
    Strange, my home button on my Note 3 isn't wobbly at all. But I agree with everything you said. I am like that when my Acura rattles, phone, etc. I'm nuts. Lol

    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)
  10. #10  

    Default Re: rattle

    I believe the rattle you describe is just the camera lens. Do a search, many high end phones have the same lens rattle; it's normal. My Nexus 5 lens has a very minimal rattle (buzz like), and your report of the same thing on the S5 isn't going to deter my purchasing one tomorrow!

    Posted via Android Central App
  11. #11  

    Default Re: rattle

    Quote Originally Posted by rexbaumgartner View Post
    I believe the rattle you describe is just the camera lens. Do a search, many high end phones have the same lens rattle; it's normal. My Nexus 5 lens has a very minimal rattle (buzz like), and your report of the same thing on the S5 isn't going to deter my purchasing one tomorrow!

    Posted via Android Central App
    Maybe this is why people are reporting that the S5 camera blows?
  12. #12  

    Default Re: rattle

    Quote Originally Posted by rexbaumgartner View Post
    I believe the rattle you describe is just the camera lens. Do a search, many high end phones have the same lens rattle; it's normal. My Nexus 5 lens has a very minimal rattle (buzz like), and your report of the same thing on the S5 isn't going to deter my purchasing one tomorrow!

    Posted via Android Central App
    Maybe, I remember the Droid Maxx had a rattle. My Note 3 doesn't have a rattle at all unless you violently shake it and even then its subtle and almost mute.

    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)
  13. #13  
    brandonx1000's Avatar
    rule the air.

    Posts
    901 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,261 Global Posts

    Default Re: rattle

    what is the body shift issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
    same.. annoying rattle everytime i tap the top of the screen..not to mention the body shift issues the S series is notorious for.

    i'm about an hour away from finalizing my decision to return this phone...i'm just shocked how bad the camera is.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: rattle

    You guys are crazy. Mine has a rattle too... but the camera is amazing!

    Posted via Android Central App
    rexbaumgartner likes this.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: rattle

    Quote Originally Posted by brandonx1000 View Post
    what is the body shift issue?
    where, ok..it's as if the battery cavity is too big for the battery, and the battery doesn't fit snug. one of my S3's did the exact same thing (coincidentally, it was the white one too...) where any touching of the phone made the battery move wtihin that cavity..which made the phone chassis feel like it's "twisting" and creaking. it made the phone feel cheap, and made it feel like it was awful build quality...something my DNA and G2 don't suffer from (and i suspect having built in batteries may help this)
  16. #16  

    Default Re: rattle

    Every phone I've had for the past few hours has the slightest rattle that is unnoticeable unless you're looking for it. As others posted I'm fairly certain it's something with the camera.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app
  17. #17  
    mankows5's Avatar

    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

    Default Re: rattle

    Do you think what you are hearing is a little ball for the Pedometer? That would be my guess. I havnt tested yet, if every time I hear it my step count goes up by one.
    Thanked by:
    jesse_h likes this.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: rattle

    It's the camera I think. My company's IT guy and I were trying to figure it out and I think we did. It may be the lens/shutter or some part of the camera. Try turning on the camera then shaking the phone, it magically goes away. I'm debating whether to send it back as a manufacturing issue or if there's nothing that can be done/is "normal." Please try experimenting with what I stated above and let me know how it goes. Other than the rattling w/ the camera off, it's an awesome phone.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: rattle

    Quote Originally Posted by jonkm21 View Post
    It's the camera I think. My company's IT guy and I were trying to figure it out and I think we did. It may be the lens/shutter or some part of the camera. Try turning on the camera then shaking the phone, it magically goes away. I'm debating whether to send it back as a manufacturing issue or if there's nothing that can be done/is "normal." Please try experimenting with what I stated above and let me know how it goes. Other than the rattling w/ the camera off, it's an awesome phone.
    Its normal in quote a few phones. Just enjoy the device.

    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)
  20. #20  

    Default Re: rattle

    Oh man seriously? I didn't even notice until this thread. Now it's gonna bug me too :-P thanks for that

    Posted via Android Central App
    Eclipse2K likes this.
  21. #21  
    zipro's Avatar

    Posts
    158 Posts
    Global Posts
    558 Global Posts

    Default Re: rattle

    Quote Originally Posted by asuprice View Post
    Do you have any rattle whenv the Phone is shook lightly?
    Can't say I do - and I'm hyper sensitive to stuff like that
  22. #22  

    Default Re: rattle

    As others in that thread told you and proved with their own shots, you got a bad phone. My pictures are razor sharp and nothing like yours.

    I don't know why people will condemn a phone or a camera because they obviously got a poor sample. Showing pictures from other S5's should prove that. I have a G2 and the S5 pix are better.

    Not sure what else we can tell you.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: rattle

    I think it's the pedometer. My step count goes up when the phone is shaken and rattles. Open the camera and shake and the rattle stops, but so does the step count. Presumably it assumes you're standing still while taking photos and not logging any steps.
    Thanked by 2:
  24. #24  
    trandz's Avatar

    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    830 Global Posts

    Default Re: rattle

    I domt have a rattle O.o
  25. #25  

    Default Re: rattle

    I notice the rattle if I shake the phone pretty hard but there is no rattle when you open the camera like others have said

    Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. power and volume rattle..
    By Paskell in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-10-2014, 09:30 AM
  2. Rattle sound on back of phone?
    By ohnoitsryan in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-09-2014, 08:10 PM
  3. rattle when shaked
    By Bnjf in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-31-2013, 09:48 PM
  4. Speaker holes and rattling buttons
    By TenderTendon in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12-30-2013, 05:51 PM
  5. Gear rattle
    By alejovh1 in forum Samsung Galaxy Gear
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-23-2013, 11:53 AM

Posting Permissions