Galaxy S5: rattle

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: rattle

Yep, same here. Almost sounds like its the camera, because it still makes the noise when your holding down the buttons.

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

same.. annoying rattle everytime i tap the top of the screen..not to mention the body shift issues the S series is notorious for.

i'm about an hour away from finalizing my decision to return this phone...i'm just shocked how bad the camera is.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

same.. annoying rattle everytime i tap the top of the screen..not to mention the body shift issues the S series is notorious for.

i'm about an hour away from finalizing my decision to return this phone...i'm just shocked how bad the camera is.

Got any example shots?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

All this talk of rattling is awful. I know many don't mind but I can't stand rattles. :(

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Can't stand rattles, wobbly home buttons (Note 3) or 16GB models......That's just me.

Strange, my home button on my Note 3 isn't wobbly at all. But I agree with everything you said. I am like that when my Acura rattles, phone, etc. I'm nuts. Lol

rexbaumgartner

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

I believe the rattle you describe is just the camera lens. Do a search, many high end phones have the same lens rattle; it's normal. My Nexus 5 lens has a very minimal rattle (buzz like), and your report of the same thing on the S5 isn't going to deter my purchasing one tomorrow!

Posted via Android Central App

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

I believe the rattle you describe is just the camera lens. Do a search, many high end phones have the same lens rattle; it's normal. My Nexus 5 lens has a very minimal rattle (buzz like), and your report of the same thing on the S5 isn't going to deter my purchasing one tomorrow!

Maybe this is why people are reporting that the S5 camera blows?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Maybe, I remember the Droid Maxx had a rattle. My Note 3 doesn't have a rattle at all unless you violently shake it and even then its subtle and almost mute.

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

what is the body shift issue?

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

what is the body shift issue?

where, ok..it's as if the battery cavity is too big for the battery, and the battery doesn't fit snug. one of my S3's did the exact same thing (coincidentally, it was the white one too...) where any touching of the phone made the battery move wtihin that cavity..which made the phone chassis feel like it's "twisting" and creaking. it made the phone feel cheap, and made it feel like it was awful build quality...something my DNA and G2 don't suffer from (and i suspect having built in batteries may help this)

compg318

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site

Every phone I've had for the past few hours has the slightest rattle that is unnoticeable unless you're looking for it. As others posted I'm fairly certain it's something with the camera.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

mankows5

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

Do you think what you are hearing is a little ball for the Pedometer? That would be my guess. I havnt tested yet, if every time I hear it my step count goes up by one.

jonkm21

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site

It's the camera I think. My company's IT guy and I were trying to figure it out and I think we did. It may be the lens/shutter or some part of the camera. Try turning on the camera then shaking the phone, it magically goes away. I'm debating whether to send it back as a manufacturing issue or if there's nothing that can be done/is "normal." Please try experimenting with what I stated above and let me know how it goes. Other than the rattling w/ the camera off, it's an awesome phone.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

It's the camera I think. My company's IT guy and I were trying to figure it out and I think we did. It may be the lens/shutter or some part of the camera. Try turning on the camera then shaking the phone, it magically goes away. I'm debating whether to send it back as a manufacturing issue or if there's nothing that can be done/is "normal." Please try experimenting with what I stated above and let me know how it goes. Other than the rattling w/ the camera off, it's an awesome phone.

Its normal in quote a few phones. Just enjoy the device. :)

Worlds2See

May 22, 2011
Visit site

Oh man seriously? I didn't even notice until this thread. Now it's gonna bug me too :p thanks for that