2 things i cant stand (coming from droid 4)

demarco5

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
1.) phone is obv way better then my droid 4 but man i can not get used to the on screen keyboard, i used to type 10000 words a minute on that hardware keyboard, seems like this soft keyboard cant even keep up with the speed im typing??

2.) fingerprint reader is horrible if if trying to use 1 handed sideways thumb...i tried registering 3 sets of prints still not accurate at all

everything else functions great although only 550MB of free ram available is pretty low, i had 350 on my droid 4....can we root this thing to freeze apps yet?!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
google keyboard and swift key is better then the regular keyboard?

I installed Google Keyboard a week after I got my Note 3. Samsung keyboard does a lot of weird things I don't care for. Mostly sub par auto correct and when I type a word correctly but it feels like I didn't the auto correct changes it. No big deal as all keyboards do but in Google Keyboard a quick backspace goes back to my original word where Samsung keeps it.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
google keyboard and swift key is better then the regular keyboard?

Keyboards are personal preference as they are many good choices, I use SwiftKey and enjoy it. That said, I don't try other keyboards anymore because I like SwiftKey and it works for me. And since I pick up new phones often, I have the same experience across devices.

Posted via Android Central App

marrzie

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I like swype better than swiftkey both in looks and in performance. By performance I mean the prediction for swedish words is better, at least in my experience. For english typing they seem about even but I do prefer the look/feel of swype. Weird since almost everyone else says swiftkey.

compg318

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I rarely actually *buy* an app, but I bought swiftkey. It's that good (imo anyway)

My first app on every Android I get is swiftkey

Posted via Android Central App

Just bought SwiftKey as well and I cannot believe how fantastic it is. One of my biggest concern when switching over to Android from iOS was the keyboard and I I loved it. But SwiftKey is definitely just as good. Only complaint is how the numbers are on the right (or left if changed) rather than on the top. But I can adjust.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

rexbaumgartner

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
1.) phone is obv way better then my droid 4 but man i can not get used to the on screen keyboard, i used to type 10000 words a minute on that hardware keyboard, seems like this soft keyboard cant even keep up with the speed im typing??

2.) fingerprint reader is horrible if if trying to use 1 handed sideways thumb...i tried registering 3 sets of prints still not accurate at all

everything else functions great although only 550MB of free ram available is pretty low, i had 350 on my droid 4....can we root this thing to freeze apps yet?!

Dude, you gotta make a youtube video of your use with hardware keyboard! 10000 words a minute is like 160 words a second! That HAS TO BE a world record!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante