Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone else impressed with the screen brightness?

I was using my phone out today In direct brightness with auto brightness enabled and it was extremely bright. Felt like I wasn't even outside. Certainly impressed with the newest advancements in AMOLED technology.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Anyone else impressed with the screen brightness?

Yes I'm impressed also was using it on the golf course and it was much better than my S4.

I played around with one in a BB and I was very impressed by how vivid the screen was. And speaking of the screen I really like that ultra power saving mode.

That's good to heart. So the screen is the brightest when auto is selected?

Posted via Android Central App
    Samsung Note 4, Samsung S4

Samsung S5, Samsung Note 3, Samsung Note 2, Samsung Note 1
    iPhone 6, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G

I came from an iPhone4 so this is a whole new beautiful world for me! I laid out in my hammock in direct sunlight and played on my phone. Perfect! No glare, and seemed just as vivid as when I view it inside the house. I used to have to shield one hand over my iPhone and crank the brightness up just to *kind of* see my screen.

while i like to know that i have the option to make the screen very bright, i.e. for outdoors, for a very well lit room, etc, i find, however, that the auto brightness control to be not sufficiently sensitive.

so, going from a bright room to a dark room, or vice versa, you'd end up with an overly bright screen and it somehow won't know to dim itself down like it ought to. i checked the box "auto brightness" (or whatever it's actually called). it works sometimes, but often times it does not. i wonder if they can fine tune it in a later firmware fix?

Global Posts
    367 Global Posts

I'm impressed. I have it hard set on 20% brightness and it looks perfect to me. Same with my Note 2014 tablet. Samsung is really stepping up their game in the screen department recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Dualmonitors View Post
    while i like to know that i have the option to make the screen very bright, i.e. for outdoors, for a very well lit room, etc, i find, however, that the auto brightness control to be not sufficiently sensitive.

so, going from a bright room to a dark room, or vice versa, you'd end up with an overly bright screen and it somehow won't know to dim itself down like it ought to. i checked the box "auto brightness" (or whatever it's actually called). it works sometimes, but often times it does not. i wonder if they can fine tune it in a later firmware fix?
    That's interesting. I actually commented to my husband yesterday how well it responds and adjusts accordingly! I'm not even 24 hours into owning it, so maybe time will tell. Thus far, it's been working like a charm.