Calendar Question

Skeld2

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I notice when I make an appointment in the calendar, it defaults to my Gmail account even though my default account is a Microsoft Exchange account for my work. Is there a way to make that account the default calendar when I make an appointment? I'm trying to avoid accidentally making appointments on the wrong calendar which then don't appear on my work desktop.

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I notice when I make an appointment in the calendar, it defaults to my Gmail account even though my default account is a Microsoft Exchange account for my work. Is there a way to make that account the default calendar when I make an appointment? I'm trying to avoid accidentally making appointments on the wrong calendar which then don't appear on my work desktop.

In the calendars settings you can remove Google and Samsung calendar and add another

Not sure how you get it to sych with your works one though

Skeld2

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I have removed all of the calendars from being visible except for my work calendar. I also tried telling it to unsync the gmail calendar, but it still will pick that one as the default appointment calendar. Seems kind of ridiculous.

I will look into the Outlook App.

Seeker4

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
It appears to me that the calendar app defaults to using the same calendar that you last used. So if you are always adding to one calendar, that should work.

I did have quite a problem figuring out how to select which calendar to add the event to. Turns out that clicking on the name of the calendar at the top of the screen presents a menu of all calendars you are connected to.

Whether any of that has any relevance when you mix Outlook into the equation, I sure don't know!

Skeld2

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
After awhile it started using my work email for calendar appointments so what you say about it being based on the calendar last used seems to be true. I'd rather it just let me choose which one that trying to outsmart me but either way it works for me now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci