Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Calendar Question

I notice when I make an appointment in the calendar, it defaults to my Gmail account even though my default account is a Microsoft Exchange account for my work. Is there a way to make that account the default calendar when I make an appointment? I'm trying to avoid accidentally making appointments on the wrong calendar which then don't appear on my work desktop.

Global Posts
    18,900 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Calendar Question

I don't normally use MS services, but would the Outlook app help in this situation?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skeld2 View Post
    I notice when I make an appointment in the calendar, it defaults to my Gmail account even though my default account is a Microsoft Exchange account for my work. Is there a way to make that account the default calendar when I make an appointment? I'm trying to avoid accidentally making appointments on the wrong calendar which then don't appear on my work desktop.
    In the calendars settings you can remove Google and Samsung calendar and add another

Not sure how you get it to sych with your works one though
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yes, I have removed all of the calendars from being visible except for my work calendar. I also tried telling it to unsync the gmail calendar, but it still will pick that one as the default appointment calendar. Seems kind of ridiculous.

I will look into the Outlook App.

It appears to me that the calendar app defaults to using the same calendar that you last used. So if you are always adding to one calendar, that should work.

I did have quite a problem figuring out how to select which calendar to add the event to. Turns out that clicking on the name of the calendar at the top of the screen presents a menu of all calendars you are connected to.

Whether any of that has any relevance when you mix Outlook into the equation, I sure don't know!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

After awhile it started using my work email for calendar appointments so what you say about it being based on the calendar last used seems to be true. I'd rather it just let me choose which one that trying to outsmart me but either way it works for me now.