S5 sim card doesn't work, popped in my old S3 card and everything is fine. Safe??

Defiant311

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
After waiting on hold with US Cell for 1.5 hours, I finally get in touch with their customer service. I wanted to activate my S5 that came in the mail today. 45 mins later they tell me that my SIM card doesn't work with my new device and that they would contact me back within 24 hours. Naturally, I'm PO'd at this point.

So I decided to pop in the SIM card from my S3 into the S5 and presto everything works perfectly! Is this safe? Will they make me use a different card? I don't want to import all my contacts and personalize the new device if I have to do it all over again in the near future.

Thanks! Ryan

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
You're fine. The SIM is only for service and if it works your good. You can always request a new one if the signal is weaker due to age but that's all you may see issue wise.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
The one that comes with the S5 is Isis ready, if you plan to use it, you must get a new one, if not, then you can keep using the old S3 one.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
After waiting on hold with US Cell for 1.5 hours, I finally get in touch with their customer service. I wanted to activate my S5 that came in the mail today. 45 mins later they tell me that my SIM card doesn't work with my new device and that they would contact me back within 24 hours. Naturally, I'm PO'd at this point.

So I decided to pop in the SIM card from my S3 into the S5 and presto everything works perfectly! Is this safe? Will they make me use a different card? I don't want to import all my contacts and personalize the new device if I have to do it all over again in the near future.

Thanks! Ryan

You're fine.

Posted via Android Central App

Defiant311

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I'll be keeping the S3 card. Really enjoying this device. Used it all day of and on and 11 hours later im at 66 percent battery

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I'll be keeping the S3 card. Really enjoying this device. Used it all day of and on and 11 hours later im at 66 percent battery

You can always go in store and get a replacement if you want. But if you're not using Isis as mentioned above there's no real reason to do so.

I can't believe they had you wait so long on hold. Spend money and get elevator music. Great!

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21