Galaxy S5: 'Hi Galaxy' not working SM-G900I

gjlamb#CB

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I have voice wake up enabled but Hi Galaxy command doesnt work from when locked or unlocked. I tried setting another command and had the same problem. It works when double pressing and in car mode. Tried a battery pull as suggested in another forum but no luck. Anyone have this issue or know how to fix? thx

Last edited by a moderator:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: 'Hi Galaxy' not working SM-G900I

Do you have both enabled like in the picture?

It should work when screen off and on lock screen

a7y9ypuz.jpg

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Paul Blackwood

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: 'Hi Galaxy' not working SM-G900I

I have the same problem on my S5
I have tried making a custom command and erasing to defaults several times. Definitely all turned on correctly.
No difference. Voice command will not open S voice.

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I have an update to s voice but every time I try to update I get the error that s voice has stopped. I tried clearing data & cache & still nothing. Anyone else? I tried over wifi & 4G

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app

justadsin

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Has has anyone resolved this problem? I'm having the same issue on my brand new T-Mobile S5, and I can't seem to find any other info on the problem. I will call T-Mobile, but I doubt they'll be able to help, and I was hoping to find an actual solution :-/

gjlamb#CB

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Has has anyone resolved this problem? I'm having the same issue on my brand new T-Mobile S5, and I can't seem to find any other info on the problem. I will call T-Mobile, but I doubt they'll be able to help, and I was hoping to find an actual solution :-/

I'm guessing the fix is flash a different ROM or wait till hell gets icy and Samsung provide a fix?? ;)

Ynnuendo1991

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Same issue here on bell Canada . I ve posted about this already. Not a clue about the solution though...if I use the drive mode it will answer to some commands hands free. otherwise the regular way won't work.

Posted via Android Central App

DCRicky

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I can't do it either... Was looking to get it to work then replace with Google Voice... ATT doesn't seem to have car mode, that may be the problem.

tomothy94

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I have a stock EU s5 and I do not have the two options. I have 'Voice Wake Up' and then underneath in the other section 'auto start speakerphone'

datbox

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Mine was working fine. Then I changed the lock screen from slide to pin. Now it no longer wakes up even when the screen has shut off but before the lock timer has kicked in. Changing back to slide didn't fix the issue either.

Anquion Oliver

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if this will help anyone, but my hi galaxy was not working and I read to turn the volume down on the phone and try and now is working just like out of the box. Note 3