Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

Default Weather on lock screen not updating?

Hello everyone. So I'm completely new to android devices so bear with me. On my wife's Samsung Galaxy S5, it seems like the weather degrees on the lock screen does not update. Is there something possibly not turned on in the settings of this phone? Anyone experiencing this?
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Weather on lock screen not updating?

Try changing the actual widget's settings. By default (at least on my phone), it's set to auto-update every 6 hours. You can bump this down to as often as every hour. Perhaps you just haven't noticed it updating on the lock screen because it does so so infrequently.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

Where's the widget settings located?

Global Posts
    2,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by fatfury View Post
    Where's the widget settings located?
    Tap on the widget. Then from the menu select Settings. You'll see a refresh setting. I set mine to every hour.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

It's on the lock screen so touching it doesn't open it uo

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Add the widget to one of your home screens. There you will find the settings. After you are done, remove it and it should work as you intended.
    Thanked by:
    pedser 
    pedser likes this.

Default Weather Widget on Lockscreen?

Under lockscreen in settings I have weather enabled, but it doesn't show on the lock screen... Anyone else have this problem?

Default Re: Weather Widget on Lockscreen?

Do you have location toggled on? Also, disabling certain things like "unified daemon" will do that
    Thanked by:

Have you tried setting up the widget from the lock screen?

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    beeray likes this.

Mine works. I have location mode set to high accuracy. It's not really a widget like you would picture; it's a small icon and the temperature, just under the clock. It's so small it's hard to notice at first.
    Thanked by:

Yep, I have it set to high accuracy. I only see the date & time
    Thanked by:

Hmm have you power cycled or pulled your battery? Shouldn't have to on a new phone but it may work when all else fails. Also, are you using lockscreen security? I am on swipe to unlock.

I've even factory reset my phone. I'm also using swipe. Arrrr this is bugging me -_-

Global Posts
    367 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zendarzwei View Post
    Under lockscreen in settings I have weather enabled, but it doesn't show on the lock screen... Anyone else have this problem?
    Did you go into settings, lockscreen, additional information, turn it on, then check weather...that's how I turned mine off.

I've changed to all different lock types & power cycled, still no luck. Is there a way to select the default weather app or something?

Nope-- there's not even a weather app you can access from the app drawer. I think the weather widget is part of TouchWiz-- if you tap on the weather widget on the default homescreen, it opens into weather but you'll notice it does not show up when you click on multi-tasking. It is however listed in the RAM manager, so I could be wrong. Either way, if you go into application manager it DOES show there. Have you gone there yet? If not, try force stopping, clearing data, and resetting defaults (if available, sounds like you haven't used a 3rd party app?)

Sorry you're having so much trouble. What country and carrier are you using?

Got it to work with AccuWeather finally somehow, it still works without location on and without AccuWeather updating. So I suspect it will always be 21 degrees...

Does anyone have this working with a third party weather app like weather bug?

Have you tried hd widgets?

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Let me ask you this. If you do a long press on your home screen, and select widgets...and add the samsung weather widget that comes with the phone...what does it look like. I'm guessing it's "just a clock" for you. without the picture/weather portion shown.

Figured it out. You actually need location on or the weather won't update on the lockscreen even though it does on the widget on the phone... kind of a useless feature because of that.

If you don't have location on but your weather still updates on the widget...than your phone is magical and should consider selling it on ebay, lol.
    bigslam123#AC likes this.

anyone know if the weather/clock will show if the remote control is showing on the lock screen? I only show the remote controls now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by here4kids View Post
    anyone know if the weather/clock will show if the remote control is showing on the lock screen? I only show the remote controls now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app
    When I opened that remote control app for the first time, I could not get those controls off my lock screen to save my life, I ended up turning off the entire app.

Where are you seeing Widget Options for the Lockscreen on the Galaxy S5?

When I go into the Lockscreen Settings, all I see is Screen lock, Dual Clock, Clock Size, Show Date, Camera Shortcut, Owner Information, Unlock Effect, Additional information and Help Text...?

Are you guys using a different settings menu? I don't see anything about Weather or any other widgets for the Lockscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherscourge View Post
    Where are you seeing Widget Options for the Lockscreen on the Galaxy S5?

When I go into the Lockscreen Settings, all I see is Screen lock, Dual Clock, Clock Size, Show Date, Camera Shortcut, Owner Information, Unlock Effect, Additional information and Help Text...?

Are you guys using a different settings menu? I don't see anything about Weather or any other widgets for the Lockscreen.
    Weather is under "show additional info"
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast