Weather on lock screen not updating?

fatfury

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone. So I'm completely new to android devices so bear with me. On my wife's Samsung Galaxy S5, it seems like the weather degrees on the lock screen does not update. Is there something possibly not turned on in the settings of this phone? Anyone experiencing this?

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Try changing the actual widget's settings. By default (at least on my phone), it's set to auto-update every 6 hours. You can bump this down to as often as every hour. Perhaps you just haven't noticed it updating on the lock screen because it does so so infrequently.

garment69

Banned
May 10, 2013
Visit site
Add the widget to one of your home screens. There you will find the settings. After you are done, remove it and it should work as you intended.

Zendarzwei

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Weather Widget on Lockscreen?

Under lockscreen in settings I have weather enabled, but it doesn't show on the lock screen... Anyone else have this problem?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Weather Widget on Lockscreen?

Have you tried setting up the widget from the lock screen?

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

hybrisate

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Mine works. I have location mode set to high accuracy. It's not really a widget like you would picture; it's a small icon and the temperature, just under the clock. It's so small it's hard to notice at first.

hybrisate

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Hmm have you power cycled or pulled your battery? Shouldn't have to on a new phone but it may work when all else fails. Also, are you using lockscreen security? I am on swipe to unlock.

Last edited:

atg284

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

Under lockscreen in settings I have weather enabled, but it doesn't show on the lock screen... Anyone else have this problem?

Did you go into settings, lockscreen, additional information, turn it on, then check weather...that's how I turned mine off.

Zendarzwei

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

I've changed to all different lock types & power cycled, still no luck. Is there a way to select the default weather app or something?

hybrisate

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Nope-- there's not even a weather app you can access from the app drawer. I think the weather widget is part of TouchWiz-- if you tap on the weather widget on the default homescreen, it opens into weather but you'll notice it does not show up when you click on multi-tasking. It is however listed in the RAM manager, so I could be wrong. Either way, if you go into application manager it DOES show there. Have you gone there yet? If not, try force stopping, clearing data, and resetting defaults (if available, sounds like you haven't used a 3rd party app?)

Sorry you're having so much trouble. What country and carrier are you using?

Zendarzwei

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

Got it to work with AccuWeather finally somehow, it still works without location on and without AccuWeather updating. So I suspect it will always be 21 degrees...

Does anyone have this working with a third party weather app like weather bug?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Have you tried hd widgets?

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Chris Abbott

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site

Let me ask you this. If you do a long press on your home screen, and select widgets...and add the samsung weather widget that comes with the phone...what does it look like. I'm guessing it's "just a clock" for you. without the picture/weather portion shown.

Zendarzwei

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

Figured it out. You actually need location on or the weather won't update on the lockscreen even though it does on the widget on the phone... kind of a useless feature because of that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2