Backup & restore help

malord1

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
So here's the deal...

Just received my S5! I am currently on the S3 and would like to backup that phone and restore to the S5. I know there aren't many Kies fans out there. I'm looking for an easy (non rooted) option to backup, sync, restore. Is there an option that acts like Apples iTunes? Any help would be appreciated!

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Your contacts should have been automatically backing up to Google at least mine do . Same goes for your apps . Pictures and stuff you should be backing up to your computer if you had wanted to .

jrussell789

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Helium, formally Carbon, is the only Android Backup&Restore app that can fully backup, ie, App/Data/Settings, an unrooted device. All others backup Apps (.apk) only. If you do root your device, Titanium is the most popular &reliable, though Helium can backup rooted devices to and is easier to use. Both require paid Pro versions, about $6, to Restore from a file stored outside your device.

Rooting a device is easy and opens the door for more powerful apps and customizations, even letting you delete mfgs bloatware, apps including googles, that isn't possible without rooting. The only good reason not to is if your device is still under warranty. Otherwise it is simply following a short step-by-step procedure found anywhere online. Search Cyanogenmod, for example. You do not need to install a different ROM or O/S.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay