Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    MBM7881's Avatar

    Posts
    678 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,200 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Ice Cream Sandwich

    Default Weird question about Internet

    Ok so I got my S5 and I love it. The weird thing and its not a big deal, but is Chrome now the standard default browser? I know that my S4 had the default internet globe app. But its missing on my S5. Anyone else? Thanks

    Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Weird question about Internet

    Quote Originally Posted by MBM7881 View Post
    Ok so I got my S5 and I love it. The weird thing and its not a big deal, but is Chrome now the standard default browser? I know that my S4 had the default internet globe app. But its missing on my S5. Anyone else? Thanks

    Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Chrome is not the default but should be already downloaded. I install flash player and use Samsung browser or Opera in incognito mode. Can't live without flash player.

    Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    MBM7881's Avatar

    Posts
    678 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,200 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Ice Cream Sandwich

    Default Re: Weird question about Internet

    Thanks. Its just weird not to see the regular internet globe icon. Got used to it. Chrome will work just fine. Also did Samsung or Verizon disable the shortcuts on the lock screen? If they did BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lol

    Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Weird question about Internet

    Quote Originally Posted by MBM7881 View Post
    Thanks. Its just weird not to see the regular internet globe icon. Got used to it. Chrome will work just fine. Also did Samsung or Verizon disable the shortcuts on the lock screen? If they did BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lol

    Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app
    The Internet globe one is on mine

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    MBM7881's Avatar

    Posts
    678 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,200 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Ice Cream Sandwich

    Default Re: Weird question about Internet

    Really? Crap so where did mine go? I'm using Nova and I don't have it hidden. I did turn off Samsung apps. Could that be the culprit? I'm on Verizon if that makes a difference.


    Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Weird question about Internet

    Quote Originally Posted by MBM7881 View Post
    Really? Crap so where did mine go? I'm using Nova and I don't have it hidden. I did turn off Samsung apps. Could that be the culprit? I'm on Verizon if that makes a difference.


    Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Possibly. I know on the Note it was in the app drawer in a Samsung folder.

    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    MBM7881's Avatar

    Posts
    678 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,200 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Ice Cream Sandwich

    Default Re: Weird question about Internet

    I can't find it at all. I turned on all the Samsung app and still nothing. Would it be possible if someone could get the apk for it for me? I really like the default browser. I got my phone exactly the way i want it....really don't want to do a factory reset.

    Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Weird question about Internet

    Quote Originally Posted by MBM7881 View Post
    I can't find it at all. I turned on all the Samsung app and still nothing. Would it be possible if someone could get the apk for it for me? I really like the default browser. I got my phone exactly the way i want it....really don't want to do a factory reset

    Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Not sure but I know Verizon does lots of crap to the phones. Just long press home screen under apps is it not under "I" for Internet? Hope you find it.

    Posted via Android Central App
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    MBM7881's Avatar

    Posts
    678 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,200 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Ice Cream Sandwich

    Default Re: Weird question about Internet

    It's not even under app manager all apps. It's just gone

    Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Weird question about Internet

    Quote Originally Posted by psp1232171 View Post
    Chrome is not the default but should be already downloaded. I install flash player and use Samsung browser or Opera in incognito mode. Can't live without flash player.

    Posted via Android Central App
    hi there, i saw your post saying that you install "flash player".

    i realize that adobe no longer has a flash player, so may i please ask how to open up and use websites that use flash on our S5 phone?

    i have the stock Samsung browser (the blue globe icon), various oddball Firefox browsers (i don't even know their differences), and Chrome.

    some sites require you having flash so you're out of luck with those sites, either visiting those flash-intensive sites, or playing any type of videos that are on those sites if you don't have a proper flash player. for example, some consumer type sites, like cnn, are flash intensive.

    any advice would be most appreciated.

    thanks in advance.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Weird question about Internet

    Just Google flash for Android 4.xx+ and on XDA developers there are many links. Somehow I can't copy my file for you right now.

    Posted via Android Central App
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    MBM7881's Avatar

    Posts
    678 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,200 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Ice Cream Sandwich

    Default Re: Weird question about Internet

    Quote Originally Posted by psp1232171 View Post
    Just Google flash for Android 4.xx+ and on XDA developers there are many links. Somehow I can't copy my file for you right now.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanks but I asked on XDA & it was confirmed that the Verizon S5's default/ stock browser is Chrome. I was going nuts thinking that I deleted the internet globe that has been the default on all my previous Samsung phones. I was so close to restoring my phone to factory settings. I dodged a bullet lol

    Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Weird question about Internet

    Try Chrome beta. Lots of cool features or Dolphin is a good browser also.

    Posted via Android Central App
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Weird question about Internet

    I also have the Internet globe and prefer to use that browser because flash works unlike chrome

    Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Weird question about Internet

    Most of my family is on Verizon and they definitely do some weird stuff to the phones before we can buy. As a side note I like Opera and Boat browser because I use flash. Chrome cannot. Glad you didn't have to factory reset. Enjoy!

    Posted via Android Central App

Similar Threads

  1. Galaxy S5: Question about gallery layout
    By redsoxfan26 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 09-18-2015, 11:58 AM
  2. Z1 Waterproof Question
    By Jimbye in forum Sony Xperia Z1
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-25-2014, 08:56 AM
  3. Calendar Question
    By Skeld2 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-14-2014, 01:13 PM
  4. Verizon Galaxy S5 buy one get one free "No Contract" question?
    By felloffthetruck in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-12-2014, 04:07 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-11-2014, 09:55 PM

Posting Permissions