Weird question about Internet

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I got my S5 and I love it. The weird thing and its not a big deal, but is Chrome now the standard default browser? I know that my S4 had the default internet globe app. But its missing on my S5. Anyone else? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I got my S5 and I love it. The weird thing and its not a big deal, but is Chrome now the standard default browser? I know that my S4 had the default internet globe app. But its missing on my S5. Anyone else? Thanks

Chrome is not the default but should be already downloaded. I install flash player and use Samsung browser or Opera in incognito mode. Can't live without flash player.

Posted via Android Central App

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Its just weird not to see the regular internet globe icon. Got used to it. Chrome will work just fine. Also did Samsung or Verizon disable the shortcuts on the lock screen? If they did BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lol

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. Its just weird not to see the regular internet globe icon. Got used to it. Chrome will work just fine. Also did Samsung or Verizon disable the shortcuts on the lock screen? If they did BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lol

The Internet globe one is on mine

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Really? Crap so where did mine go? I'm using Nova and I don't have it hidden. I did turn off Samsung apps. Could that be the culprit? I'm on Verizon if that makes a difference.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Really? Crap so where did mine go? I'm using Nova and I don't have it hidden. I did turn off Samsung apps. Could that be the culprit? I'm on Verizon if that makes a difference.

Possibly. I know on the Note it was in the app drawer in a Samsung folder.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I can't find it at all. I turned on all the Samsung app and still nothing. Would it be possible if someone could get the apk for it for me? I really like the default browser. I got my phone exactly the way i want it....really don't want to do a factory reset.

Last edited:

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I can't find it at all. I turned on all the Samsung app and still nothing. Would it be possible if someone could get the apk for it for me? I really like the default browser. I got my phone exactly the way i want it....really don't want to do a factory reset

Not sure but I know Verizon does lots of crap to the phones. Just long press home screen under apps is it not under "I" for Internet? Hope you find it.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Chrome is not the default but should be already downloaded. I install flash player and use Samsung browser or Opera in incognito mode. Can't live without flash player.

hi there, i saw your post saying that you install "flash player".

i realize that adobe no longer has a flash player, so may i please ask how to open up and use websites that use flash on our S5 phone?

i have the stock Samsung browser (the blue globe icon), various oddball Firefox browsers (i don't even know their differences), and Chrome.

some sites require you having flash so you're out of luck with those sites, either visiting those flash-intensive sites, or playing any type of videos that are on those sites if you don't have a proper flash player. for example, some consumer type sites, like cnn, are flash intensive.

any advice would be most appreciated.

thanks in advance.

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Just Google flash for Android 4.xx+ and on XDA developers there are many links. Somehow I can't copy my file for you right now.

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Just Google flash for Android 4.xx+ and on XDA developers there are many links. Somehow I can't copy my file for you right now.

Thanks but I asked on XDA & it was confirmed that the Verizon S5's default/ stock browser is Chrome. I was going nuts thinking that I deleted the internet globe that has been the default on all my previous Samsung phones. I was so close to restoring my phone to factory settings. I dodged a bullet lol

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I also have the Internet globe and prefer to use that browser because flash works unlike chrome

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Most of my family is on Verizon and they definitely do some weird stuff to the phones before we can buy. As a side note I like Opera and Boat browser because I use flash. Chrome cannot. Glad you didn't have to factory reset. Enjoy!