Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

So I've only had the S5 since yesterday. After running down the battery today playing with it, I plugged it in to charge. The thing is that it seems to be charging REALLY fast (a percentage point a minute at least). And the screen/back are quite warm. I'm just using the included charger and cable. Maybe this is normal, but my old phone charged much more slowly than this and I want to make sure I'm not frying the battery/internals.
    Banned

Default Re: Is my phone charging TOO fast?

Quote Originally Posted by jonebk12 View Post
    So I've only had the S5 since yesterday. After running down the battery today playing with it, I plugged it in to charge. The thing is that it seems to be charging REALLY fast (a percentage point a minute at least). And the screen/back are quite warm. I'm just using the included charger and cable. Maybe this is normal, but my old phone charged much more slowly than this and I want to make sure I'm not frying the batteries/internals.
    Percentage point a minute is actually slow for the new charging system on the s5. I think yours is charging too slow.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by thegrants82 View Post
    Percentage point a minute is actually slow for the new charging system on the s5. I think yours is charging too slow.

Good to hear. It does seem to be going quicker than that now that I've observed for a bit longer.

Global Posts
    1,867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.0 Lollipop

Mine charges a percentage point per minute. No complaints here. My S5 charges much faster then my Nexus 4.
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Greg C View Post
    Mine charges a percentage point per minute. No complaints here. My S5 charges much faster then my Nexus 4.
    Percentage point a minute would mean that it would take 100 minutes to charge from zero. I guarantee you that with the new charging system it would take almost half that time.