Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Separate sounds for messages, notifications, and emails?

I am a newbie to Galaxy phones or android for that matter. I am trying to make my sounds for messages, emails, and notifications different but if I change the notification sound it changes all of them. If I change the messages sound it changes the notification sound also.

While I have figured out how to get the sound for individual contacts I cannot find the way to get this to work.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts

Default Re: Separate sounds for messages, notifications, and emails?

Quote Originally Posted by tomadamsphoto View Post
    I am a newbie to Galaxy phones or android for that matter. I am trying to make my sounds for messages, emails, and notifications different but if I change the notification sound it changes all of them. If I change the messages sound it changes the notification sound also.

While I have figured out how to get the sound for individual contacts I cannot find the way to get this to work.

Thanks in advance for any help.

SMS & notifications is same, email is different and is set within the email settings for each account under notification sound and S planner is similar

or

You can also set them under sound settings/Samsung applications call/messages/email/s planner
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Separate sounds for messages, notifications, and emails?

Thanks. Was just hoping there was a separate setting for text messages and notifications (downloads, etc)