Help. can't get private mode to work.

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Every time I try to go into private mode it tells me "Failed to enable private mode".

Has anyone seen this and have a solution?

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
So I figured it out. You can't run private mode in art runtime. I switched back to dalvik in the developers settings and now it works.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I don't quite understand it in general. I have some photos that I would prefer to keep private ;)...

But I cannot figure out how to make them "private". I pull up the photo and don't see the option to hide it. What am I doing wrong? And I do have private mode turned on...

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't quite understand it in general. I have some photos that I would prefer to keep private ;)...

But I cannot figure out how to make them "private". I pull up the photo and don't see the option to hide it. What am I doing wrong? And I do have private mode turned on...

Yes you have to enable private mode first. When your in the gallery with private mode enabled, select the images you want to his and click on the option dots at the top right of the screen and add theme to the private folder.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Yes you have to enable private mode first. When your in the gallery with private mode enabled, select the images you want to his and click on the option dots at the top right of the screen and add theme to the private folder.

I see now. You have to select the photos from the gallery and do it that way. I had each photo pulled up. Thanks!

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
how i'm really confused. i haven't done this yet but after you select, say 3 pictures from your camera's album to be private, how would you go about then to view them when you wish to?

Terri Clair

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I selected private mode and set up the finger swipe. Now, I can't turn it on. It is a lighter green than the other items, and it allows me to select it, but the button will not turn on.

DarshOne

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
i am in dalvik, and cant enable private mode after rooting and some tinkering, not sure where i went wrong, only deleted verizon bloatware and installed the module that let me use multi window with other apps in xposed. my sms broke for about 30mins and now its back, but now i cant enable my private mode..

edit. once i uninstalled xposed framework, private mode back.

IlvanDram

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I selected private mode and set up the finger swipe. Now, I can't turn it on. It is a lighter green than the other items, and it allows me to select it, but the button will not turn on.

Did anyone ever respond to this? I am having this problem as well. I briefly saw a screen to enter my password but it disappeared from view and I have a feeling that is related. How do I kill the program so I can get back to the password screen?

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Private mode is buggy well thats my opinion I dont have any answers to these private mode problems. Sorry. I do have work arounds. app store apps to hide yor photos which I dont use. Another alternative though. go to my files put the pictures and or videos u want to hide in a folder or multiple folders whichever. You can name the files whatever. Add a period b4 the file name it will not show up in gallery. You can only access it thru my files. Simple as that. add a period b4 file name/pictures or video not in gallery! delete the period b4 file name/ Pics or video appear in gallery. Simple as that. Private mode sucks and takes much more time to go thru the motions. This method is much quicker and efficient well thtz my opinion good look.

Posted via the Android Central App

dineshmj

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I too faced this problem. Looks like, Samsung hasn't tested their private mode feature with ART runtime. It's a shame. I hope they would rectify this in their JB update for Note 4.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Same with me. I spent all aft. trying to figure out why private mode wouldn't function and found nothing that helped fix the problem. I'm using ART but I don't know if that's the cause of the problem.. and won't switch back to Delvic to find out! The . before a file name sounds like a good solution. Thanks. I searched for hrs. to figure this out. I'm glad it's not just me 😓

Posted via the Android Central App

emersonb

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Had the same problem, and the IT quick fix of restarting my phone allowed me to turn on private mode. Hopefully it works for you too.

John Benson2

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I used expose framework put in the secure module and still cannot get my private to work, failed to enable private mode, try again.

Anybody else somebody help me, yikes this sucks

mine is now operational but this is not going to be helpful but wait for others yes here's my repair. I used a backup image and lucky for me it worked perfectly everything's fine. Lesson learned make a backup. You already have a rooted tablet or phone so use TWRP it save me I'm now happy again. I wish I could do more for you guys but having a working backup is something to think about. I'm good to go

Last edited: