Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wbl9999
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S5: SD Card Path

I am trying to restore from MyBackup Pro located on my SD Card. No matter how I enter the path of location it says it's an invalid path. Does anyone know the correct path? Thank you.

Global Posts
    5,220 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Default Re: Sd Card Path

You can't access the microsd card with Kit Kat the way you used to on 4.3 and before, it doesn't allow read/write access except to core apps and then only apps that are designed to write to a specific folder and when you delete that app all of the data on the microsd card gets removed as well. Google improved the card mgt in a way and took away features we were used to. So I don't believe you can do what you are asking for.
    Thanked by:
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,705 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wbl9999 View Post
    I am trying to restore from MyBackup Pro located on my SD Card. No matter how I enter the path of location it says it's an invalid path. Does anyone know the correct path? Thank you.
    Try using the Samsung file explorer and copy the backup file to the internal storage. Mybackup should be able to restore from there.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thank you. Silly question. Where is the internal storage path? The default path says /storage/emulated/legacy, when I try to view that either on the pc of file manager, it doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by wbl9999 View Post
    Thank you. Silly question. Where is the internal storage path? The default path says /storage/emulated/legacy, when I try to view that either on the pc of file manager, it doesn't exist.
    The path to the SD card is: /storage/extSdCard/ Backup Pro files cannot be transferred to SdCard using any type of internal file manager without rooting.
    Thanked by 2:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I figured it out. I just copied the whole folder into the root of the "on device" and it worked. Not sure if it was correct but it works. Thanks for your time.
    KoukiFC3S likes this.

Default Re: Galaxy S5: SD Card Path

So what's going on? you can't write to the SD card and that's normal? so ... yeah, I'm missing something. like how do you use the card if you can't write to it. I'm also having issues and I need to be able to write to the card. help?

I just got the S5, and am trying to free up the space on the device by moving as many apps as I can to the SD card. I've got only 1 GB space free on the device. This is AFTER moving as many apps as possible to the card.

I'm guessing that the apps aren't really being moved to the card, but instead to the 'emulated' directory on the device? Is this correct? If so, is there a way to REALLY move apps to the SD card to free up space on the device?

Are you guys using my files app?

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by mujertins View Post
    Are you guys using my files app?
    I used the Settings > Applications > Application manager - and then selecting each App and (when possible) choosing the 'Move to SD card' option.

I've been continuing to search around the web, and from what I've seen, it's not possible to move apps to an external card in later Android versions.

Use the my files app it comes with the phone

And yes you can't move stock Pps

Quote Originally Posted by kgilbertsen View Post

I'm guessing that the apps aren't really being moved to the card, but instead to the 'emulated' directory on the device? Is this correct? If so, is there a way to REALLY move apps to the SD card to free up space on the device?
    ettings > Applications > Application manager > SD Card

then you can click on the app and see exactly what is being stored on internal memory and external SD...its stores about 75% of the data on SD, while some is still left on internal

Thumbs down Re: Galaxy S5: SD Card Path

Ditto on the "emulated" destination. It does not exist on sd soooo one cannot swap the sd and complete the backup on the destination phone. Seems like a "handy" bug for My Backup Pro to sell more cloud backup space. I finally reverted to paying my $2 to complete the backup via cloud but will close that acct ASAP once my stuff is backed up and find a new backup tool that WORKS in 4.4.2
    Been good for years but they cost me a day in troubleshooting. Bye, bye, reware.
    BTW the FAQ on rewar site covers every nonsensical topic but this one.