Galaxy S5: Screen glitches

John Ferranti

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Got my S5 Friday. Within 20 minutes of leaving Verizon stand at Costco my screen started to glitch. It will freeze and start shaking the screen up and down. First time I was in email app when it happened. But it is happening even on my home screen and all over the place. Sometimes it stops on its own after 5-10 seconds other times I have to hit the screen off button, unlock and go to home screen again to get it to stop. It happens at least once an hour it I'm using my phone continually. Other times the whole phone is just freezing. I am not rooted. Did I get a lemon? Should I return it and get a replacement or is this normal?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: S5 screen glitches

I would return the phone. That is not normal behavior. It sounds like you got a defective unit.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site

Got my S5 Friday. Within 20 minutes of leaving Verizon stand at Costco my screen started to glitch. It will freeze and start shaking the screen up and down. First time I was in email app when it happened. But it is happening even on my home screen and all over the place. Sometimes it stops on its own after 5-10 seconds other times I have to hit the screen off button, unlock and go to home screen again to get it to stop. It happens at least once an hour it I'm using my phone continually. Other times the whole phone is just freezing. I am not rooted. Did I get a lemon? Should I return it and get a replacement or is this normal?

Posted via Android Central App

Lemon is, go for a replacement.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

RickB68

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

I'm noticing an issue on mine: I get static on the screen for a second or two when the phone lags. It doesn't do it very often, but I'm wondering if it's normal (new phone sofware bugs) or if it could be a hardware issue?

tomothy94

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site

Hey Guys

I also have a question about the screen and would appreciate it if one of you would take a look at your handset for me and see if there is a small darker patch that doesn't mist up on the earpiece/front facing speaker?

I am worried it could cause problems with water but could be wrong. it could even be a sealant to stop water getting in, i am just worried - if I breathe on the front/in call speaker i can clearly see a small dark patch around the left side of the mesh. I attach a blurry pic but you can see what I mean

Could you just take a look and see if this is normal or if my handset is weird? If mine is different to other peoples could I take it back for a replacement you think?Snapshot_20140418_5.JPG
Snapshot_20140418_4.JPG

SanDeggo

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site

Hey Guys

I also have a question about the screen and would appreciate it if one of you would take a look at your handset for me and see if there is a small darker patch that doesn't mist up on the earpiece/front facing speaker?

I am worried it could cause problems with water but could be wrong. it could even be a sealant to stop water getting in, i am just worried - if I breathe on the front/in call speaker i can clearly see a small dark patch around the left side of the mesh. I attach a blurry pic but you can see what I mean

Could you just take a look and see if this is normal or if my handset is weird? If mine is different to other peoples could I take it back for a replacement you think?View attachment 113455
View attachment 113457

You mean the forward facing camera?

kbaumler

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

Had some problems a few days ago with this white box appearing on my home screens and some "static-like" pictures appearing down the left side. Kvetched and growled for 1/2 a day before rebooting and everything returning to normal. ;)

tomothy94

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site

No, if you looks closely at the left half of the Speaker ont eh top front of the phone (where you put your ear for calls) you can see that theres a dark circle, I breathed on it just before to show that for some reason this one area is not affected

tomothy94

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site

newnewnewnew.jpg

Ive upped the contrast on the photo and circled the blob so you can see. The speaker is great, its very loud and clear, on my two previous HTC's the call speaker has been terrible and has failed really quickly.

So, what do you think of the blob?

RickB68

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

Oh, man. I just tried out Epic Citadel and on my S5 the graphics glitch like crazy. Can somebody else try it out and see what it does? Thanks.

I think I may have a lemon here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2