GS5: Galaxy S5 vs. HTC One (M8)

crazyralph90

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: S5 vs. HTC M8

2 answers with an unlimited amount of reasons

Yeah I agree, I just wanted to see if its biast opinions based on the Phone Threads.

I had both and stuck with the S5 just because camera and 4k. I just can't wait until PhoneBloks..I want to build the phone I want

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

I'm coming from a Moto phone and I typically don't like Samsung phones and I really, really loved the aluminum build in the M8.

But after doing a lot of research I preordered the S5. I can tweak or replace touchwiz and the plastic build doesn't seem to affect it's durability (see the washing machine video) and I always put my phone in a case anyway. But I can't make the camera on the M8 any better than it is (and it's not good), I can't make it water resistant and I can't change how large and tall the H8 is or get rid of that black bar. And speakers are nearly meaningless to me since I'm almost always in range of a BT device and don't listen to music during the day. And I love to have extra batteries, something else I can't add into the M8.

Still, it's hard not to admire that aluminum build, but it just isn't enough to over ride all the benefits of the S5.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

The S5 is the better all around device. If you get giddy over metal designs like the tech sites tell you to, then get the M8. If you appreciate functionality on a superior device, get the S5.

Posted via Android Central App

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

The S5 is the better all around device. If you get giddy over metal designs like the tech sites tell you to, then get the M8. If you appreciate functionality on a superior device, get the S5.

*Better choice for you.

There are a couple threads right now where people are considering taking their S5s back for the M8. There is a lot of like there.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site

M8 has better speakers and more solid build. I chose s5 because of screen was better to look at. Both phones do everything and are fully customizable. No bad choice here

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

*Better choice for you.

There are a couple threads right now where people are considering taking their S5s back for the M8. There is a lot of like there.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

It's not some awful phone. The S5 is just better.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

Probably not the best question to ask on a forum dedicated to the Samsung Galaxy S5. :)

Would be fine if people could just post why they like our dislike the phone they have. Instead more often it seems people justify their phone by discrediting others. This happens from both sides of the argument.

These are 2 nice phones for different reasons

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

Would be fine if people could just post why they like our dislike the phone they have. Instead more often it seems people justify their phone by discrediting others. This happens from both sides of the argument.

I agree. I love my S5 but I would be lying if I didn't say that I wish other phone manufacturers would put speakers on the front too. My S5 is loud enough but I really like front speakers. There are pros & cons to every phone. I've had HTC phones (Evo, Evo 3D) and I loved them both. But I like Samsung for the option to swap out my battery and the SD card slot. Although the M8 offers it now too. To each their own.

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

Exactly right. I was stuck between the both of them. Both are very deserving of the high ratings they are receiving. I think the biggest draw to the M8 is the metal build and dual speakers... the looks of it.

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Id say for me the M8 is the better all-around-device-

I prefer the whole m8 expierence over the s5. love the design of the phone the feel the look and have always went against the " trendy in thing to do "... which the s5 is. and the iphone was. zero lag with the m8....
love the front facing speakers...use these most of the day at work. also navigation and talking using the speaker is no longer a problem it's loud!! and the earpiece on phone calls is the best iv'e heard.
prefer sense to touch-wiz.
the camera while maybe not as good as the s5 in certain scenss i find that the software is better. more clean. more user friendly faster and has zoe. the shutter is instant.
love the fact that I can use the m8 in direct sun. my friends s5 is very hard to see.

both great phones.

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S5 vs. HTC One (M8)

Which one do you think is the better phone?

Removable battery and camera case closed. Played with M8 it's a nice device just not for me. I use headphones and a case so the speakers and metal mean nothing to me. Enjoy either one!

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S5 vs. HTC One (M8)

For every comment about the plastic build quality of the S5, there's a complaint about how slippery the M8 is, how tall and awkward it is, and how it can't offer wireless charging. For every review site that says the S5 is just the S4S, there's an omission that the M8 is an even bigger offender in that regard (4 MP camera, same SLCD3 screen, larger profile for only a marginal screen size bump, Sense 6 isn't very different than Sense 5.5, etc). For every positive review of Sense, there's a disregard for the large improvements in Touchwiz, both functionally and aesthetically.

So many clamored for the S5 to have a metal design. So many on review sites and forums of those sites. Samsung opted to improve the in-hand feel of the device and maintain it's functionality. They'll be rewarded with what matters in the end; an enormous difference in sales versus it's supposed rival. Last year, the M7 was probably the better device because of the hyperglaze and how faulty Touchwiz was. This year? Not so much.

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

Id say for me the M8 is the better all-around-device-

I prefer the whole m8 expierence over the s5. love the design of the phone the feel the look and have always went against the " trendy in thing to do "... which the s5 is. and the iphone was. zero lag with the m8....
love the front facing speakers...use these most of the day at work. also navigation and talking using the speaker is no longer a problem it's loud!! and the earpiece on phone calls is the best iv'e heard.
prefer sense to touch-wiz.
the camera while maybe not as good as the s5 in certain scenss i find that the software is better. more clean. more user friendly faster and has zoe. the shutter is instant.
love the fact that I can use the m8 in direct sun. my friends s5 is very hard to see.

both great phones.

I'm not gonna lie if the camera was better on the M8 I may have just went with the M8 especially since they added the sd card slot :) i don't have buyer's remorse just saying

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith