Camera lens cover

Sophia Zhao

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Did you mean the silver cover or the camera lens only? The silver cover is made of a kind of metal and camera lens is made of lens. Many facts proved that the camera lens is broken easily because of the design, also it's not easy to fix, so protect your phone carefully.

sirmaru

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
The Folio Cover has a window to take pictures through and folds back over the camera lens protecting it. Also, the original shipping container for the S5 has an internal box which can be pulled out to store the camera when not in use or in a woman's pocketbook.

The lens should never be left uncovered entirely except for special close shots. Photos can be made through the Folio Cover window.

If one drops the S5 while using it, the Folio Cover will protect the lens. The Folio Cover replaces the back cover of the S5 and provides a plastic protective flip cover which can protect the front screen or the camera lens depending how you fold it.

Plus, many watches and jewelry pieces are sold in a cloth jewelry pouch. I use one to cover my Folio Cover and back of the S5 when holding it in my pocket.

Snap on lens caps MAY also be available to cover the lens.

New Folio Covers may also be introduced to allow charging on a WiFi Base. They MAY also have a plastic cover to protect the lens.

That lens is delicate and should be protected as stated above. Other folks have reported a damaged lens in another thread.

Last edited:

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Do you mean the folio cover that takes the place of the original back cover? I have one, there is no cover for the camera lense. Unless you fold over the front flap. I have one right here with me, not on my phone, and the camera lense area is a hole, no cover. Also it doesn't extend past the lense. So how does it protect the lense?

Or which folio cover are you talking about? Brand name? Link?

It you really want to protect the camera lense, a cover that extends past the lense will work. I ended up getting one of those as the folio cover looked to masculine for me. Even though there's a bit of width to the phone now, I feel better. The case (Incipio Pro) even extends a bit in the front to protect the screen, although I also got screen covers. I lay mine screen down at night so notifications or the phone coming on, doesn't disturb my sleep.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

sirmaru

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm referring to the Folio Cover manufactured by Samsung and sold by ATT. The plastic window is 2.5" x 2.5". One should clean it front and back with LCD Wet and Dry cloths for extra clarity. The Flip Cover can be folded over the lens to protect and still take photos or it can be folded over the front screen. If the flip cover is covering the lens with plastic and you drop the S5, the lens will have some protection.

That Folio Cover REPLACES the OEM back cover and has openings for all necessary processes. When one inserts the USB 3.0 Power and Connecting Cord, the flap does NOT have to be bent up or down as pictured in the manual. Just slide the plug parallel to the flap after lifting it out of its port and the flap will lie firmly against the plug preventing any damage to the flap attachment. I'm not sure if that maneuver is even possible with the OEM back cover.

Since the Folio Cover REPLACES the OEM cover, there is almost no increase in size or weight.

The Folio Cover sells for $ 50.

When in my pocket, I cover the entire S5 with a cloth jewelry pouch measuring 5.5" by 3.5". Any jewelry store should carry them. That protects the lens from dust and abrasion AND provides some protection from impacts.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Exactly. So when you have it covering the screen, the camera lense is UNprotected. T-mobile had the folio cover too. I think all carriers will have it, the add-ons help bring in the cash. Even with the bundle discount I got. (I really needed a blue tooth ear piece and thought the folio would work for me. .. the ear piece is nice though.)

So if you cover the screen, which is the purpose of this folio, the camera lense is is left unprotected.

But if you like that and a bag to put it in, more power to you. I'm glad you like the folio cover.

Posted via Android Central App