Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Cool If anyone came from a 5S to the S5.....

Do you have a terrible time with the finger print scanner? I hate it that you have to slide your finger and hold the phone in a unorthodox way. You literally have to point you phone a complete 45d angle just to slide you finger, when on apple you simply just lay you finger on there and wholah. I know you can easily disable the function and use the pattern lock. I was wondering is there anyway around this sliding deal since I am so used to the 5S. I really like the security of finger scanning over the pattern lock since you really never know who is looking over you shoulder if you work in an office like me. I hope Samsung can make some kind of update in the future to make a circle on the screen oppose to the slide function. Its more of a personal preference I guess, but anyway I dont miss the 5S one bit I am very satisfied with the S5 has to offer this year.

Default Re: If anyone came from a 5S to the S5.....

Tryout a 3rd party locker. Google Play Store; GO Locker, Holo Locker, just search and tryout . Enjoy your new Galaxy S5.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

I don't miss my 5s one bit as well

Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

If I do use Holo or Nova. Do I have to reinstall everything again or does it basically cover over the touch-wiz?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I also notice that the launcher's in the app store are fully jelly bean compatible. My question is do they also share the features of the kit kat UI?

Fingerprint scanner is definitely a let down compared to my old 5S but there are a ton of advantages to the S5 that outweigh that.

Quote Originally Posted by asworldandroid View Post
    Do you have a terrible time with the finger print scanner? I hate it that you have to slide your finger and hold the phone in a unorthodox way. You literally have to point you phone a complete 45d angle just to slide you finger, when on apple you simply just lay you finger on there and wholah. I know you can easily disable the function and use the pattern lock. I was wondering is there anyway around this sliding deal since I am so used to the 5S. I really like the security of finger scanning over the pattern lock since you really never know who is looking over you shoulder if you work in an office like me. I hope Samsung can make some kind of update in the future to make a circle on the screen oppose to the slide function. Its more of a personal preference I guess, but anyway I dont miss the 5S one bit I am very satisfied with the S5 has to offer this year.
    Waste of time. I like the pattern lock. My opinion of course.

Posted via Android Central App

With my 5s, I used the fingerprint scanner more because it was super easy. I've had the s5 since Friday and I finally returned to the swipe lock screen. My little girl hands just can't do the fingerprint unlock with one hand. I try but I end up having to put in my password because I can't get it to work.