Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No Black Galaxy S5's To Be Found...

..Plenty of the white ones but no blacks anywhere that I could find. Visited one store and called three others. Doesn't Samsung know that 99% of all early adopters are male and that men are going to want to buy the black phone?

Any word on the future availability of a 32 Gig GS5?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 04-13-2014 at 04:09 PM.
    Sent from Verizon Galaxy S5 (usually) in NYC

Default Re: No Black GS5's To Be Found...

When I went to look at the S5 and M8 we had Black in stock here in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychDoc View Post
    ..Plenty of the white ones but no blacks anywhere that I could find. Visited one store and called three others. Doesn't Samsung know that 99% of all early adopters are male and that men are going to want to black phone?

Phone: HTC One M8 (Gunmetal Gray)
    Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013

My Verizon store only had white in stock when I went to play with it on launch day. They said black sold out fairly quickly and only a few bought the white S5.

Luckily for me I wasn't going to buy it in store because its much cheaper through a Comcast promo.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

Both Best Buy and Verizon only had white as well in my area.

Global Posts
    971 Global Posts

I was able to get a black one at a local Vz store in the Bay area 24 hours ago.

all AT&T stores between Buffalo and Rochester NY are sold out of black

I got mine in england from a vodafone shop as soon as they opened. They only had 1 in stock in black and I bought it. That said they only had 1 white and 1 gold too.

Posted via Android Central App

When I picked mine up Friday, I got the 2nd to last black one. I've always had white phones until now and I'm enjoying the change. I also think the black felt better than the white.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by jaleesag88 View Post
    When I picked mine up Friday, I got the 2nd to last black one. I've always had white phones until now and I'm enjoying the change. I also think the black felt better than the white.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app
    I completely agree, I had pre-ordered a white one and had it for a day until I felt a black one in my hand and fell in love with the feel of it. Traded in the white on a black on Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Christina Evans1 View Post
    I completely agree, I had pre-ordered a white one and had it for a day until I felt a black one in my hand and fell in love with the feel of it. Traded in the white on a black on Friday
    Ditto. Got the last one in my area as well. Traded my white

Default Re: No Black Galaxy S5's To Be Found...

Pre ordered mine and got it by friday. My dad was in the market for a new phone saw mine and went to the AT&T store the next day and they had plenty of white and black in stock In every store within driving distance in Massachusetts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

If you buy the Folio cover from Samsung, it replaces the back cover plus gives you a front, flip cover with a window. It is colored black both back and front.

The Costco I was at on Friday sold out of Verizon black S5s while I was there before noon buying a white T-Mobile S5. They still had some white Verizon S5s. Sprint S5s were still being unloaded in their receiving area and several people were waiting in line for them.

I decided on a white phone in the hopes that if I put it on a table that I'd stand a better chance of seeing it before I left. Then I put a black/gray case on it, so the only white that's left is around the display.

I'm looking for the Verizon 32GB S5 in black..................Anybody seen one?

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

i kinda want to try a white one this time round. All my phones have been black; i have a Blue S3 right now. With white the different color back plates (Blue, Gold, etc) would look really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by DrPreeth View Post
    i kinda want to try a white one this time round. All my phones have been black; i have a Blue S3 right now. With white the different color back plates (Blue, Gold, etc) would look really nice.
    I really like the white so far (granted, it's only been a few days). My old phones have always been black as well.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

I was going to get a black one (TMO here in St Louis).. but wound up getting a white one instead, because i like the look better. Got a case with a clear back on it. There were still some black ones left here.

Does it dirty easily?

I preordered on AT&T on 4/9, they had black and I got it 4/11.

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

My local Las Vegas T-Mobile I called were all sold out of the black S5's,, plenty of white ones though.

Cheers
    Davyo
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by jaleesag88 View Post
    I also think the black felt better than the white.
    "Felt better???"

It's the exact same phone other than the color. If you closed your eyes there's no way to even tell the difference.

"Felt better???"

It's the exact same phone other than the color. If you closed your eyes there's no way to even tell the difference.
    I've read others say the material of the battery cover feels different.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)
    juststart likes this.

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

The black tends to be more of a softer material than white. If they made the white of the same material it would collect dirt and grime easier. Same thing happened with the z10s
    Thanked by:

..Plenty of the white ones but no blacks anywhere that I could find. Visited one store and called three others. Doesn't Samsung know that 99% of all early adopters are male and that men are going to want to buy the black phone?

I had to call around to 4 different T-Mobile stores before I found one that had 1 left. All the BB's had nothing but white left too.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

After calling about a half dozen stores I went ahead and ordered it directly from Verizon Wireless. Will ship in two days.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast