Galaxy S5: Anyone Replace Touch Wiz With Nova Launcher Yet?

spawndoodling

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Anyone Replace Touch Wiz With Nova Launcher Yet?

Quick question to anyone who is using NOVA with the S5: does the My Magazine app still work in a "swipe left" capacity if you download Nova?

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

may i ask if you are able to put an analog clock on your Lock Screen with your Nova Launcher?

one of my personal pet peeves is that i really enjoy having a decent sized analog clock on my Lock Screen.

thanks in advance. look forward to your answer.

jokout1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

as long as you can find a analog clock widget you like you can use it on a Nova lock screen

Cheers

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

I use Nova too, but am looking to switch to Solo Launcher or Inspire Launcher.

soopaman216

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

I used Swiftkey on my S4 now using it on my S5 and it seems to work much smoother, but then again the whole phone has a smoother opertation to it.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site

Quick question to anyone who is using NOVA with the S5: does the My Magazine app still work in a "swipe left" capacity if you download Nova?

No it doesn't but there are steps you can take to access touchwiz as an app... Getting u right to my magazine... I do this now with my M7 to get me to BlinkFeed..

In nova create a short cut.. Then chose activities and then find touchwiz.. and that creates a touchwiz icon for quick access

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Palladium65

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

I'm also using the latest version of Nova Prime on my Exynos Version SM-G900H .... So far been having worse battery drain... Anyone else experiencing this ?

AustinSlater25

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

I don't think I noticed worse batter drain on previous devices and I'm planning on setting up Nova soon, would love to hear everyones thoughts on battery life differences between the two.

chumpyy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site

Have a question along the same lines:
Thinking of getting the S5 and immediately replacing touchwiz with much prefered nova, however I read that the there is an impact on camera performance as only the touchwiz camera app produces the great photos we see with the S5.
Anyone have experience with this?
Many thanks!

AustinSlater25

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

My pictures come out identical regardless of TW or Nova. Once the camera app is opened the launcher is irrelevant. If I'm wrong someone point it out but I take the same great pictures regardless of launcher used. This camera is incredible in daylight settings. Best overall camera I've used.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

Have a question along the same lines:
Thinking of getting the S5 and immediately replacing touchwiz with much prefered nova, however I read that the there is an impact on camera performance as only the touchwiz camera app produces the great photos we see with the S5.
Anyone have experience with this?
Many thanks!
The camera app is the same whether or not you install Nova. Same with all the Touchwiz dialer, contacts, etc. The only thing you lose with Nova are some widgets and you can't launch Google Now from the home screen by saying "OK Google" (you have to long press the Home button to start Google Now and then say "OK Google").

chumpyy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site

Many thanks Cobravision, that is great news! Looks like I may be getting an S5 after all, it really is a great all-rounder.

hls811

May 14, 2010
Visit site

I want to use Nova, but the stock clock/weather widget isn't available (which I could do without) but for some reason the stock Calendar widget doesn't work either! It just shows the day/date, not the full month view like the TW calendar does.

Last edited:

rexbaumgartner

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Man, after reading your thoughts on the Nova Launcher, I just installed it. This launcher is really cool!!! It really cleaned up the look of the phone! I still wish I could figure out how to make the google search bar something other than the grey shaded thing. :-\

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar