Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Deleting Picasa Photos ?

Does anyone have a means of deleting photos from picasa? I have tried a few different things and I can not seem to have any luck. I have deleted the photos from my account on the laptop, disabled syncing, etc. The work around used for prior galaxy devices does not seem to be possible.

I think you can go into the gallery setting and disable it from there so it doesn't show in your gallery.

Correction I believe its in the sync settings. Under your gmail.
    Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Deleting Picasa Photos ?

I have the sync settings turned off or disabled but I cant seem to remove photos from the album that is in my gallery. I cant figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by zackdbell View Post
    I have the sync settings turned off or disabled but I cant seem to remove photos from the album that is in my gallery. I cant figure it out.
    Recommended from online:
    Go into Settings----->Accounts and Sync---->Tap Google----->Uncheck "Sync Picasa Web Albums".
    Go into Settings----->Application Manager---->"All" tab----->Find Gallery and tap "Clear Data"

I think your next step is going into the gallery app and tapping clear data. I believe it will only delete the cache and not your pictures.

Does anyone have a means of deleting photos from picasa? I have tried a few different things and I can not seem to have any luck. I have deleted the photos from my account on the laptop, disabled syncing, etc. The work around used for prior galaxy devices does not seem to be possible.
    Go into app settings and scroll to Picasa force stop and clear data and clear cache and click "turn off". Done

Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I have found that work around for the S4 and previous phones but I can not seem to find "Applications Manager" in my settings.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Scratch that. I found it! Thank you so much!

Scratch that. I found it! Thank you so much!
    Hope that works for you.

I have the same problem I dont want my photos using picasa but it does it automaticaly, then I cant delete them. I ahve deleter all photos from G+ but even in my gallery they have the picasa symbol?

It took me awhile to figure this out, I even tried downloading the Picasa app for my Mac. Anyways besides turning of sync you need to go into your Google Dashboard via Browser.

Under Piscaso is where you can delete the pics. It can't be done through your phone.
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)

Finally got rid of it using this! Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilles_88 View Post
    Recommended from online:
    Go into Settings----->Accounts and Sync---->Tap Google----->Uncheck "Sync Picasa Web Albums".
    Go into Settings----->Application Manager---->"All" tab----->Find Gallery and tap "Clear Data"

I think your next step is going into the gallery app and tapping clear data. I believe it will only delete the cache and not your pictures.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by immystic View Post
    Finally got rid of it using this! Thanks!
    This didn't work for me. Eventhough I am no longer syncing Picasa the album and photos are still there.
    I've also deleted the Picasa album directly within Google+. So technically this album does not exist anywhere any longer.
    Yet there is it. Staring at me when I open my gallery on my s5 So irritating

I can't find Picasso on my phone. Looked in all and it not there. I never downloaded it. Guess I though maybe you'll were talking about it being one that was already on it.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerBerry View Post
    This didn't work for me. Eventhough I am no longer syncing Picasa the album and photos are still there.
    I've also deleted the Picasa album directly within Google+. So technically this album does not exist anywhere any longer.
    Yet there is it. Staring at me when I open my gallery on my s5 So irritating
    I have the same issue. The way I got rid of the picturesame the first time was I removed my Google account from my phone and then I added it again.

But when I want to delete a picture from my phone that is backed up to Picasa I don't want to have to delete my account each time.

There is definitely a sync issue with what is on the my Web account and what is on my device on my S5 and S4

You have to perform the last t ask to clear them out of your gallery.

Please ignore, just sitting here occupying space (should have read all the replies before posting!)

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles_88 View Post
    Recommended from online:

Global Posts
    628 Global Posts

Type picasa.google.com into your browser. This is where I had to delete everything. It solved the problem.

~~ You have a cough? Go home tonight, eat a whole box of Ex-Lax, tomorrow you'll be afraid to cough.

Im not a picasa user but i see from other people they have alot of problem about picasa.

This worked perfectly! Deleted all the duplicate Picasa photos from my gallery. Thank you!!

The way to get rid of the files on your phone is:
    hold down the gallery icon until the Creat Folder, App Info, X Cancel menu appears
    pull the icon up to the App Info icon and release
    When the new screen appears select Clear Data.
    To keep it from happening again. Open Gallery Goto Setting Click on your Username@gmail.com and scroll to the bottom. Uncheck Sync Picasa Web album.
    Finally go to Google + select Pictures and delete all the pictures in your Picasa album.

You are now all cleaned up.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMike View Post
    I have the same issue. The way I got rid of the picturesame the first time was I removed my Google account from my phone and then I added it again. But when I want to delete a picture from my phone that is backed up to Picasa I don't want to have to delete my account each time. There is definitely a sync issue with what is on the my Web account and what is on my device on my S5 and S4
    Oh what a pain! I had Picasa blocked/disabled on my Verizon HTC Incredible, then got my Galaxy S5 with AT&T. Sadly, the Google setting blocking Picasa didn't port over, every blasted picture from my laptop, Facebook & Google account synced to Picasa. Ugh!! The sync setting stayed, but the disabled setting did not.

Quote Originally Posted by nonie View Post
    I can't find Picasso on my phone. Looked in all and it not there. I never downloaded it. Guess I though maybe you'll were talking about it being one that was already on it.
    Picasa shows up as a folder in your galery. Settings are in your Google account.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambii68 View Post
    Oh what a pain! I had Picasa blocked/disabled on my Verizon HTC Incredible, then got my Galaxy S5 with AT&T. Sadly, the Google setting blocking Picasa didn't port over, every blasted picture from my laptop, Facebook & Google account synced to Picasa. Ugh!! The sync setting stayed, but the disabled setting did not.

I had never used Picassa, yet the pictures from my old phone showed up on the S5 under Picassa pics. I was annoyed at that, considering Google never asked my permission to upload my pictures. Ought to be an "opt in" feature, not automatic.

Thumbs up Re: Deleting Picasa Photos ?

Thanks, went from S3 to S5 and these picasa pics were just there and I couldn't get rid of them. Very helpful! For the S5 do all the above but tap into your email address to find picasa.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast