How to delete Picasa photo's on Galaxy S5?

zackdbell

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have a means of deleting photos from picasa? I have tried a few different things and I can not seem to have any luck. I have deleted the photos from my account on the laptop, disabled syncing, etc. The work around used for prior galaxy devices does not seem to be possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Achilles_88

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I think you can go into the gallery setting and disable it from there so it doesn't show in your gallery.

Correction I believe its in the sync settings. Under your gmail.
Posted via Android Central App

zackdbell

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Deleting Picasa Photos ?

I have the sync settings turned off or disabled but I cant seem to remove photos from the album that is in my gallery. I cant figure it out.

Achilles_88

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

I have the sync settings turned off or disabled but I cant seem to remove photos from the album that is in my gallery. I cant figure it out.

Recommended from online:
Go into Settings----->Accounts and Sync---->Tap Google----->Uncheck "Sync Picasa Web Albums".
Go into Settings----->Application Manager---->"All" tab----->Find Gallery and tap "Clear Data"

I think your next step is going into the gallery app and tapping clear data. I believe it will only delete the cache and not your pictures.

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site

Does anyone have a means of deleting photos from picasa? I have tried a few different things and I can not seem to have any luck. I have deleted the photos from my account on the laptop, disabled syncing, etc. The work around used for prior galaxy devices does not seem to be possible.

Go into app settings and scroll to Picasa force stop and clear data and clear cache and click "turn off". Done

zackdbell

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site

I have found that work around for the S4 and previous phones but I can not seem to find "Applications Manager" in my settings.

sydoz56

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

I have the same problem I dont want my photos using picasa but it does it automaticaly, then I cant delete them. I ahve deleter all photos from G+ but even in my gallery they have the picasa symbol?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

It took me awhile to figure this out, I even tried downloading the Picasa app for my Mac. Anyways besides turning of sync you need to go into your Google Dashboard via Browser.

Under Piscaso is where you can delete the pics. It can't be done through your phone.

immystic

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site

Finally got rid of it using this! Thanks!
Recommended from online:
Go into Settings----->Accounts and Sync---->Tap Google----->Uncheck "Sync Picasa Web Albums".
Go into Settings----->Application Manager---->"All" tab----->Find Gallery and tap "Clear Data"

I think your next step is going into the gallery app and tapping clear data. I believe it will only delete the cache and not your pictures.

SummerBerry

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site

Finally got rid of it using this! Thanks!

This didn't work for me. Eventhough I am no longer syncing Picasa the album and photos are still there.
I've also deleted the Picasa album directly within Google+. So technically this album does not exist anywhere any longer.
Yet there is it. Staring at me when I open my gallery on my s5 :( So irritating

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

I can't find Picasso on my phone. Looked in all and it not there. I never downloaded it. Guess I though maybe you'll were talking about it being one that was already on it.

DigitalMike

May 5, 2014
Visit site

This didn't work for me. Eventhough I am no longer syncing Picasa the album and photos are still there.
I've also deleted the Picasa album directly within Google+. So technically this album does not exist anywhere any longer.
Yet there is it. Staring at me when I open my gallery on my s5 :( So irritating

I have the same issue. The way I got rid of the picturesame the first time was I removed my Google account from my phone and then I added it again.

But when I want to delete a picture from my phone that is backed up to Picasa I don't want to have to delete my account each time.

There is definitely a sync issue with what is on the my Web account and what is on my device on my S5 and S4

Zylograth

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

You have to perform the last t ask to clear them out of your gallery.

Dora Moody

May 12, 2014
Visit site

Recommended from online:

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site

Type picasa.google.com into your browser. This is where I had to delete everything. It solved the problem.

Jeff Leadbeater

May 19, 2014
Visit site

The way to get rid of the files on your phone is:
hold down the gallery icon until the Creat Folder, App Info, X Cancel menu appears
pull the icon up to the App Info icon and release
When the new screen appears select Clear Data.
To keep it from happening again. Open Gallery Goto Setting Click on your Username@gmail.com and scroll to the bottom. Uncheck Sync Picasa Web album.
Finally go to Google + select Pictures and delete all the pictures in your Picasa album.

You are now all cleaned up.