How to disable Caller ID voice announcement on S5?

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I found a setting where the google voice lady will speak the name of the person calling you.
Well, that's pretty annoying!
Now, I can't find the setting to turn her off.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Phone speaking name of caller

Try Settings>Accessibility>Vision and make sure Talkback is off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

junno29

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

I had the same issue and it took me a while to figure it out. Go to settings accessibility-- scroll to answering and ending calls -- click it and uncheck Voice Control.

Posted via Android Central App

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Found it...
Language and input
read notifications aloud
uncheck all that junk

I found this by using the s finder thing that I now love! It took a few different keywords, but I finally got it

scrabbley

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site

That didn't work for me.

Does anyone know how to stop it? I have this setting enabled (Language and input: read notifications aloud) but it is only an option when hands-free/driving mode is turned on, it's greyed out otherwise. I want it to read stuff out when I have driving mode on, but not otherwise. I have driving mode turned off but it is still announcing all of my calls with the caller name. Talkback isn't turned on, and I can't find any other options for incoming calls.

gnorie89

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

I actually called both Verizon and Samsung about this issue, I really do not want my phone blurting out who is calling me. Both parties were unable to resolve the issue. The samsung rep actually even told me that there was not a fix for this. I really do not want to take that as a final answer though.

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

That didn't work for me.

Does anyone know how to stop it? I have this setting enabled (Language and input: read notifications aloud) but it is only an option when hands-free/driving mode is turned on, it's greyed out otherwise. I want it to read stuff out when I have driving mode on, but not otherwise. I have driving mode turned off but it is still announcing all of my calls with the caller name. Talkback isn't turned on, and I can't find any other options for incoming calls.

I suspect you did not link it to your car Bluetooth, its a bit different to the S4 version car mode requires you to link your Bluetooth, you may of skipped this bit and is why it's speaking all the time even when car mode is off

Car mode:

About car mode

Use this mode to control the device while you are driving. You can listen to messages and music by using voice commands and without touching the device.Open the quick setting panel and tap

Car mode

to activate it.Do not look at the screen or perform functions with your hands while driving.

?

Navigation maps, your current location, and other navigational data may differ from actual location information. You should always pay attention to road conditions, traffic, and any other factors that may affect your driving. Follow all safety warnings and regulations while driving.

?

You may incur additional charges when using the navigation feature.

?

This app may not be available depending on the region or service provider.

?

This mode is not supported in some languages.

Before using this app

?

Ensure that the vehicle that you connect your device to supports the Bluetooth feature.

?

Ensure that the Bluetooth feature of your device and the vehicle is activated when you register the vehicle to the device.

scrabbley

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site

I don't have bluetooth in my car, I never use bluetooth on my phone. What I do is use an NFC tag to toggle hands-free mode on and off when I get into the car and it worked perfectly on my S3. I haven't tried it yet with my S5, haven't turned hands-free on yet really since I haven't needed to yet. The phone has always read out the caller ID since I first turned it on and I have no idea why, it's really annoying and unnecessary.

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site

I only did two things for mine to stop. Stopped the TalkBack service and turned it off. The one that was my issue was the "Voice Control." I wish it wasn't that one because I normally like using voice to just answer a call or reject it.

To get to Voice Control:

Settings--->Accessibility--->Answering and ending calls (near bottom)---> Voice Control (uncheck)

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

I found a setting where the google voice lady will speak the name of the person calling you.

I don't blame ya. I turned it on and last about half a day before I turned it off again.

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site

I only did two things for mine to stop. Stopped the TalkBack service and turned it off. The one that was my issue was the "Voice Control." I wish it wasn't that one because I normally like using voice to just answer a call or reject it.

To get to Voice Control:

Settings--->Accessibility--->Answering and ending calls (near bottom)---> Voice Control (uncheck)

THIS did it for me! Chris, I ADORE you.

Leenybird

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

This worked. I cannot thank you enough.

- - - Updated - - -

I had the same issue and it took me a while to figure it out. Go to settings accessibility-- scroll to answering and ending calls -- click it and uncheck Voice Control.

Posted via Android Central App

This worked for me. I cannot thank you enough!

Millwgt

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

This also worked for me thank you

Mark Anthe

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

ave tried the Accessibilty thing. Doesn't work. Tried language and input thing.Did not work. I have been in everything in the settings, applications, menus, sub menus, everything I can think of.I'm about ready to take it back to Verizon and get my Iphone Back.

Mark Anthe

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

OMG!!! I finally got it!!!! Some how without knowing it,the phone was set on silent!! I set it on ring and BINGO!!!! OK so I guess I'll keep the Galaxy as I'm gettin used to it!!!!

sirmaru

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for this discussion. I went there and checked "answer calls by pressing the home key" and "end calls by pressing the power key." I never even knew of those options.

hopelesstech

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site

I need HELP to get my phone to stop announcing my calls!!
I have tried the following:
1. Accessibility  vision  talk back  off
2. Language and input notification readout nothing checked
3. Bluetooth is paired to my S5
4. Sound  feedback  nothing checked
- If I take off ?using voice commands? (callcall settings answering/ending calls ) to get it to stop announcing my call then I can?t use voice commands to answer and reject calls !!

Nathan Kubinski

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site

I'm new to android switching from Apple, I'm learning this phone quickly as I've browsed all of the options mentioned throughout this thread and I still have not successfully resolved this issue. Any tech junkies out there with further advice I would be very grateful! Thanks:mad:

harpzzy

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site

Hi Guys

I also had this problem with the annoying caller ID with my S5! !

I have disabled mine finally and this is how I did it:

Accessibility > Vision > Talkback > Settings (at bottom) > Under Speech Category - Untick Speak Caller ID

All done!!

Hope this helps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888