Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S5 Camera widget lockscreen

Anyone know how to get the quick access camera on the lockscreen?
    New to android, have played with all the settings... I've seen pretty much everyone other S5 have a quick access to their camera on the lockscreen besides mine.
    Also has anyone figured out the god damn shutter sound yet? So annoying

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Camera widget lockscreen

Settings > Lock screen > Camera shortcut. No idea about the shutter noise specifically. I keep my phone on vibrate or silent pretty much exclusively which takes care of it I suppose.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Don't have the camera shortcut option in my settings haha

Go to the camera enter the settings and there is a option to turn off shutter noise.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Don't have that one either man

You must be in Australia ? I have the same issue and spoke to samsung live chat and they said "Unfortunately the Australian models of the S5 do not have the feature where you can add a camera shortcut to the Lock Screen."
    This sucks, ive tried using 3rd party apps and the shortcuts still wont work!

Quote Originally Posted by hellrazor69 View Post
    You must be in Australia ? I have the same issue and spoke to samsung live chat and they said "Unfortunately the Australian models of the S5 do not have the feature where you can add a camera shortcut to the Lock Screen."

How frustrating! Camera shortcut and shutter noise are a big deal for me. I take photos constantly, and the noise is a pain in the ***. And seriously, no lock screen shortcut? Even my iPhone had that

Sent from my SM-G900I using Mobile Nations mobile app
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Yeah, this sucks.. definitely a let down. Hopefully they do an update for Australian users to enable the feature, if that's even possible

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Mine is the same. I don't know why they do this it's stupid. Though i know someone with an S5 on Optus and they have shortcuts. I bought mine outright but should'nt be different.

Quote Originally Posted by hellrazor69 View Post
    Not totally positive, but Australian law may require the phone camera to have a sounds when taking pics.....

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

I've spoke to some people here in aus with an S5 that have the shortcut.I don't though
    Most display S5's have it.The model number in about device on them is different too. An X instead of I on the end of the number.

We're in Sydney,
    Wife has Samsung brand flip case (whatever it's called)
    and the camera widget is automatically on the screen when viewing through the window!!!!

Cant get it on mine in otterbox.

Spewing!

Angry Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Camera widget lockscreen

I have the S5 with Optus in Australia and I don't have the option to have the camera on the lock screen or to silence the shutter.. which I didn't know when I got the phone on the contract. I wish they would do an "what you dont get if you're in Australia" memo!

auto lockscreen i think good for you just lock screen after don't touch it 2 or 3 min and go to camera settings to turn off the shutter sound

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Cover lockscreen has done the trick for me. Not bad with all the shortcuts on the side.