Galaxy S5: Lockscreen lag?

hybrisate

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone. Just came home with my new Galaxy S5 (Charcoal Black, AT&T) and noticed there is a small delay when opening the lockscreen. It's minimal, but noticeable coming from a Moto G and a Nexus 5. I had the Note 3 for a week last year-- it had the same problem and I was never able to fix it. I have done some research-- other have said it's related to s-voice, magazine, or SD card. I've removed the SD card and it hasn't helped, and even messing with the other app settings hasn't helped. For the record, I am NOT using any sort of security, just slide to unlock.

Does anyone notice the slight delay? It's about a millisecond longer for the screen to pop up than on my Moto G, which is disappointing. I know it's not a big deal-- if this is normal I will live with it but if mine is the exception I'll want to find a fix! Thanks guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lockscreen lag?

Do you mean the time it takes the screen to turn on after you press the home button? If so I also have that slight delay. I wonder if that's normal ?

hybrisate

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Exactly what I meant smalba... on my Moto G the screen is already on as my finger is lifting off the power button. On GS5, it comes up a split second after my finger comes off the button. I am starting to think this is normal based off my experience with the Note 3... Again not a big deal just wanted to make sure it's not a defect or something a touch wiz feature may be causing.

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site

What the S5 has as you call it lag.......... is nothing compared to the Note 3 I used to have ............ this is heaven ..............

hybrisate

May 8, 2012
Visit site

What the S5 has as you call it lag.......... is nothing compared to the Note 3 I used to have ............ this is heaven ..............

You know, now that you mention it I do recall the lockscreen Note 3 being a huge source of frustration. This is a tiny nuisance on the S5...