Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S5: Lockscreen lag?

Hello everyone. Just came home with my new Galaxy S5 (Charcoal Black, AT&T) and noticed there is a small delay when opening the lockscreen. It's minimal, but noticeable coming from a Moto G and a Nexus 5. I had the Note 3 for a week last year-- it had the same problem and I was never able to fix it. I have done some research-- other have said it's related to s-voice, magazine, or SD card. I've removed the SD card and it hasn't helped, and even messing with the other app settings hasn't helped. For the record, I am NOT using any sort of security, just slide to unlock.

Does anyone notice the slight delay? It's about a millisecond longer for the screen to pop up than on my Moto G, which is disappointing. I know it's not a big deal-- if this is normal I will live with it but if mine is the exception I'll want to find a fix! Thanks guys.

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts

Default Re: Lockscreen lag?

Do you mean the time it takes the screen to turn on after you press the home button? If so I also have that slight delay. I wonder if that's normal ?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Exactly what I meant smalba... on my Moto G the screen is already on as my finger is lifting off the power button. On GS5, it comes up a split second after my finger comes off the button. I am starting to think this is normal based off my experience with the Note 3... Again not a big deal just wanted to make sure it's not a defect or something a touch wiz feature may be causing.

What the S5 has as you call it lag.......... is nothing compared to the Note 3 I used to have ............ this is heaven ..............
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by fantom305 View Post
    What the S5 has as you call it lag.......... is nothing compared to the Note 3 I used to have ............ this is heaven ..............
    You know, now that you mention it I do recall the lockscreen Note 3 being a huge source of frustration. This is a tiny nuisance on the S5...

Default Re: Galaxy S5: Lockscreen lag?

Mine also has a 1sec to 2sec delay.