Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S5 and NFC Mobile Payments

*Finally* going to be able to head out to pick up a new S5 at my local T-Mobile store. Feel like I'm days behind as I grabbed both the s2 and s4 on launch day.

Question about mobile payments. Does Tap to Pay on Google Wallet work on the S5? Isis? Also, does the new PayPal app allow for tap to pay payments?

Although T-Mobile blocks wallet on the s4,i believe I read somewhere that wallet tap to pay on the S5 is working on the TMO variant.

I use wallet on my s4, but it's rooted and there are numerous workarounds out there. I don't plan on rooting my S5 for at least a couple weeks to see how it runs stock.

Posted via Android Central App
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: S5 and NFC Mobile Payments

Quote Originally Posted by chefmorry View Post
    *Finally* going to be able to head out to pick up a new S5 at my local T-Mobile store. Feel like I'm days behind as I grabbed both the s2 and s4 on launch day.

Question about mobile payments. Does Tap to Pay on Google Wallet work on the S5? Isis? Also, does the new PayPal app allow for tap to pay payments?

Although T-Mobile blocks wallet on the s4,i believe I read somewhere that wallet tap to pay on the S5 is working on the TMO variant.

I use wallet on my s4, but it's rooted and there are numerous workarounds out there. I don't plan on rooting my S5 for at least a couple weeks to see how it runs stock.

well I would say, yes go for it Tap to Pay on Google wallet works.

ROM
    EagleBlood

Google Wallet works and so does ISIS though I have had nothing but issues trying to connect my card to it.

Quote Originally Posted by chefmorry View Post

Works just fine. Paid for my lunch yesterday at 7-11 (mmm, 7-11 1/4 hotdogs).

Quote Originally Posted by Xm_jdm View Post
    Works just fine. Paid for my lunch yesterday at 7-11 (mmm, 7-11 1/4 hotdogs).
    Weird, my 7-11 declined mine. Quick Chek (a regional chain) has no problem.

Also, Taquitos FTW.

Quote Originally Posted by MilitantRabbit View Post
    Weird, my 7-11 declined mine. Quick Chek (a regional chain) has no problem.

Also, Taquitos FTW.
    I haven't tried it yet.

buffalo chicken taquitos FTW