NEW S5 - Only one complaint

rexbaumgartner

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Samsung knows what they are doing when it comes to phones, there is no argument there! I picked up the black S5 today and presently have the 32 gig SD card which would be perfect for the average user, but I am a picture taking fool! Since this camera (which rocks the house!) takes a large file picture, I think I will be picking up at least a 64 gig tomorrow.

The phone is smooth as a baby's bottom and I look forward to that larger battery (coming from a Nexus 5, which was familiar to a charger of some sort).

I have one complaint. That medium grey google search bar............... :confused:

How I wish I knew how, or if they could simply have an update in the OS that enables a transparent background with a slim white boarder for the google search bar. That thing ruins the homescreen in my opinion.

Am I alone here?

:-X

starsofthelid

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: the size of the pictures. I've been keeping it in 4:3 aspect ratio at 8 megapixels. 16 megapixels is completely unnecessary for the quality of the camera, as good as it is. And I find the 16:9 ratio a little goofy, really only necessary if you want to shoot wide.

rexbaumgartner

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: the size of the pictures. I've been keeping it in 4:3 aspect ratio at 8 megapixels. 16 megapixels is completely unnecessary for the quality of the camera, as good as it is. And I find the 16:9 ratio a little goofy, really only necessary if you want to shoot wide.

Well look at you! Thanks Stars! I never even gave that aspect ratio a thought! WIN WIN! I'll be following your lead, makes total sense!

Thanks again for the input! This place is filled with geniuses!

:D

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Samsung knows what they are doing when it comes to phones, there is no argument there! I picked up the black S5 today and presently have the 32 gig SD card which would be perfect for the average user, but I am a picture taking fool! Since this camera (which rocks the house!) takes a large file picture, I think I will be picking up at least a 64 gig tomorrow.

The phone is smooth as a baby's bottom and I look forward to that larger battery (coming from a Nexus 5, which was familiar to a charger of some sort).

I have one complaint. That medium grey google search bar............... :confused:

How I wish I knew how, or if they could simply have an update in the OS that enables a transparent background with a slim white boarder for the google search bar. That thing ruins the homescreen in my opinion.

Am I alone here?

:-X

Download Nova Launcher and make the screens what YOU want and how it looks and what you like it to look like. My two cents. Enjoy

Posted via Android Central App

jokout1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
The transparent search bar is still available in "widgets" but it shows as just a microphone in the listing.

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36