Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By UJ95x
  • 1 Post By hybrisate
  • 2 Post By atg284
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S5: Camera Picture Taking...SLOW?

When I'm in the camera app and I hit the camera icon to take a pic, it takes 2-3 seconds before it actually snaps the pic. A little circular timer thing goes around the camera icon and says "Hold the device steady until it finishes taking the picture". Is there a way to adjust the speed (like on my old Skyrocket) to where you tap the camera and the photo is taken right then?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 04-13-2014 at 11:06 PM.

Global Posts
    8,904 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Camera Picture Taking...SLOW?

That's the phone focusing. Is this happening for every single shot or only in poorly lit places?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Thanked by:
    djxpress likes this.

I saw this on another forum earlier... First person said turn on flash, that worked. But if you need flash off, you can disable picture stabilization and it should go to a much quicker shutter speed. Hope this helps.
    Thanked by:
    djxpress likes this.

I do not have an s5 but my Moto X and Nexus do that if HDR is on. Is that something that can be switched on and off on the S5. If so you might try to turn it off. Speed will increase but quality will suffer a bit.
    Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djxpress View Post
    When I'm in the camera app and I hit the camera icon to take a pic, it takes 2-3 seconds before it actually snaps the pic. A little circular timer thing goes around the camera icon and says "Hold the device steady until it finishes taking the picture". Is there a way to adjust the speed (like on my old Skyrocket) to where you tap the camera and the photo is taken right then?
    You need to turn off you picture stabilization in the camera options as outlined here: Galaxy S5: Slow Camera? Do This...
    Thanked by 2:
    djxpress and debdroid1a like this.

Quote Originally Posted by atg284 View Post
    You need to turn off you picture stabilization in the camera options as outlined here: Galaxy S5: Slow Camera? Do This...
    I agree with above, the image stabilization makes the camera too slow and I was getting that message at least half the time. With IS off, the camera is very quick and still takes great photos.

Default Re: Galaxy S5: Camera Picture Taking...SLOW?

Quote Originally Posted by djxpress View Post
    Put it into auto instead of HDR for example . If it's on any other setting ut will take a couple secs.

Posted via Android Central App

The stabilization ONLY kicks in in lowlight. It does not have any negative effect in normal light. It should be labeled "Auto".

But it IS very usefull: it waits till your hand stands still - and then takes the shot = no blurry lowlight pics.

You gotta know the Sammy camera code. Clap your hands three times while standing on one foot.... That should speed things up. Lol

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app