Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Setting so screen doesn't turn come on when receiving text??????

Does anybody know where to find the setting to turn off the screen from coming on when receiving a text? Every time I receive a text my screen comes on and I don't want it to do that, especially when I am at a movie or in class.
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Setting so screen doesn't turn come on when receiving text??????

Quote Originally Posted by mvigil101 View Post
    Does anybody know where to find the setting to turn off the screen from coming on when receiving a text? Every time I receive a text my screen comes on and I don't want it to do that, especially when I am at a movie or in class.
    Well, what you can do is change the screen out time to 30seconds or less if possible, you can't completely stop the screen to come up when you've received text but you can lessen the screen out time.

you may have to turn messaging preview off for the lock screen to stop the screen from coming on when receiving a text.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

I use Google Hangouts as my text messaging program and it doesnt light the screen, Just let hangouts be your main text app and turn the stock one off
    Thanked by: