Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 3 Post By cmhsam
  • 1 Post By Griffo69
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Change Icon Size

Does anyone know if you can change the size of the icons on the Home Screens.
    I would like them to be smaller.

Thanks

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

Default Re: Change Icon Size

Quote Originally Posted by ZR1-638HP View Post

Thanks
    Use a custom launcher like nova

Posted via Android Central App
    fulleraj, Feldon and combat82 like this.

In short as the previous poster said, No there is no option to change icon size, you need to use a launcher other than what the S5 comes with which is touchwiz I believe. Even if you're not a techy person you can do this, go to the play store and search for "launcher" and you will see a ton of launcher apps. I have not used Nova but am currently using GO Launcher Ex and very much like it. Ive also used the Next Launcher 3D shell lite and really loved it, but it was only a 1 week trial and then $17.99 to keep using it I may just buy it, I liked it that much. Beautiful effects.

Sidenote: I have the Galaxy S5 and also an LG G2, and the G2 has an option from within the Apps list (once you've hit the dot-box to list all apps) to make icons smaller or larger, but I cannot find anything similar on the S5, it's just not there I searched forever).

Smaller?

Lordy, I can scarcely read the darn things as small as they are now.

I installed HiFont so that I could make the fonts larger ...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...xinmei365.font

Select ''SETTINGS'', now select ''EASY MODE'' in Personalisation, now select ''STANDARD MODE'', the icons on the display will now reduce in size. I hope this works as well as it did with my S5, I got the idea from my S3.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR1-638HP View Post

Thanks
    Click on ''Settings'', then ''Easy Mode'' in Personalisation, then select ''Standard Mode'', the icons should have reduced in size, hope this works as well as it did for me, found the answer on my S3
    Gerry Winter likes this.

Perfect, you are a gem!

Hey Herbi, I agree 100% the Next Launcher 3 D is the best by far, well worth the money. You are able to do so many different things, its like having a new phone.

me too

Quote Originally Posted by cmhsam View Post
    Use a custom launcher like nova

Posted via Android Central App

On My wife's S6 she has 5 icons across on her home page but on my Note 4 with a larger screen I can only get 4 across although there are 5 fixed icons along the bottom. Seems like there should be a way to get 5 without going to a different launcher, but I can't find a way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by daninbluemd View Post
    On My wife's S6 she has 5 icons across on her home page but on my Note 4 with a larger screen I can only get 4 across although there are 5 fixed icons along the bottom. Seems like there should be a way to get 5 without going to a different launcher, but I can't find a way to do it.
    Try this.
    Long-press on your home screen in any empty location. Screen should zoom out to allow for panel configuration. 4 buttons appear at the bottom. Select "Screen grid". Options are 4x4, 4x5, and 5x5.

I use ZenUI launcher

Posted via the Android Central App