Galaxy S5: How do I turn off the camera's shutter 'click'?

BubbaMac

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Thank you dpham00 ... I found and installed the app and turned off the shutter sound. I have had occasion to turn it on and to turn it back off. It works fine for me. Alas, I'm probably going to scrap the S5, anyway. I was so hopeful. I cannot get my POP e-mail working on it even after hours of time spent with my e-mail provider (BrightHouse) and my carrier (Sprint). My old EVO works fine with my POP e-mail, so I'll probably go back to HTC.

touringspeed

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Sprint and the way I got the option of shutter sound on/off was rooting my Samsung S5 installing root explorer and changing the values on the camera to true instead of false rebooted my phone and now it works

Sketchaz

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: How dod I turn off the S5's camera's shutter 'click'?

Worked for me
Just go to the google search on your internet browser and write down this phrase, and download first link :)
install and vuolia!!! No shutter sound

Gigibeanz

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Perfection....this app worked like a charm!! idky Verizon excluded this feature . I found it a hassle that whenever I wanted to take a pic i had to mute the sound the restore....rather annoying. Thanks for posting this quick easy fix!! now...if i can just set fb to stop sending notifications to my phone EVEn THOUGH i opted to not have them sent....anyone know where the option is on the SGS5 to stop ongoing notifications....not to get off subject but.....

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I have the opposite problem, the shutter click sound is how I know the pictures was captured... and it is NOT loud enough for me to hear it when using the phone "on the job".

Standing outside in bright sunlight, take a picture, and you are standing next to a couple of diesel engines idling "quietly"... ha ha

Datrebor

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I am on US Cellular and it the place where you have shutter sound I have the volume key control settings. I can have the volume button take a picture, record, or for zoom.

Skimmt

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
in the camera app click settings, and there should be an option to turn off shuter sound. I heard this is a new feature with 4.4.4 so if you have not updated it may not be there

WindZhou

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site

Google "enforced stream silencer". It's should be the first result. Not sure if it works in the s5,but worked on my note 3 and other Samsung phones.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

thanks, i installed the app and it works, but i have no option to stop it and get the sound back.

even it has buttons to start / stop it but seems cannot stop it

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

thanks, i installed the app and it works, but i have no option to stop it and get the sound back.

even it has buttons to start / stop it but seems cannot stop it
Hmm. Have you tried to uninstall it?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary