Every once in a while I'll randomly get a pop up telling me that "DCMProvider has stopped working." Anyone know what this app is/does and should I be concerned that it keeps crashing? It doesn't seem to have any negative effects so far. Google has not yielded any results.
    CharlesIm999 likes this.
    04-14-2014 08:43 AM
    Did anyone find an answer on this one.

I cant find any information anywhere, but the DCMProvider is still hogging the battery power on my Samsung Galaxy 5 and I have disabled the Samsung Link Provider???
    04-23-2014 05:39 PM
    Did anyone find an answer on this one.

I cant find any information anywhere, but the DCMProvider is still hogging the battery power on my Samsung Galaxy 5 and I have disabled the Samsung Link Provider???
    Did you reboot and recharge the phone before determining it was still there?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    04-23-2014 05:51 PM
    yes, phone has been restarted, and recharged? It's a brand new Galaxy 5
    04-23-2014 06:50 PM
    Rebooted again and DCM Provider is no longer in the picture and the phone seems to be performing well.. Thanks for the help
    04-24-2014 07:39 PM
    Rebooted again and DCM Provider is no longer in the picture and the phone seems to be performing well.. Thanks for the help
    Sorry for the late reply. Glad it's working again

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    04-26-2014 12:49 PM
    I receive the same message quite regularly since upgrading to the S5: "Unfortunately DCMprovider has stopped". I've tried everything suggested on this thread so far but I still get the message.
    I used Smart Switch Mobile to transfer apps/files from my S3. Could it be that something needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled? Any help would be greatly appreciated...
    05-24-2014 11:23 AM
    I'm still getting the message. Anyone??
    07-06-2014 01:34 AM
    I was having this issue, but what I did was taking a backup from my files, apps, etc using Kies 3 and then, factory reseting my phone. Now , I haven't encountered with this issue since the factory reset.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-06-2014 01:37 AM
    I just tried this today and it works so far.

Settings - Apps - All - DCMprovider - Force Close then Clear Data

I found a video on youtube, but apparently i'm not able to post links on here yet. Hope it works for you all. Took me 4 months to get it off my screen lol.
    08-07-2014 03:16 PM
    What does DCMProvider actually do? I get the impression that it is a System Tool of some kind, but I can't find anything that says what DCM is and why it needs a provider.

Johnie
    01-12-2016 02:46 PM
    I also same problum in my note 4 please healp

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-14-2016 04:12 PM

Settings - Apps - system apps - DCMprovider - Force Close then Clear Data

it worked for me.
    10-14-2016 01:22 AM

Settings - Apps - system apps - DCMprovider - Force Close then Clear Data

it worked for me.
    I can't find DCMprovider in ur path. Do u hv Samsung 5
    10-23-2016 04:37 AM
    Try also Settings - Apps and in the right upper corner select from the menu Show system apps and then DMCProvider-Force Stop
    Worked for me.
    10-24-2016 02:07 AM
    I can't find DCMprovider in ur path. Do u hv Samsung 5
    Settings > Applications > Applications Manager > Drop down menu *on top right* > show system apps > scroll down to DCM provider
    10-24-2016 03:01 PM
    I had this problem on my Samsung Galaxy S5 running Android 6.0.1

Samsung's response, through your service chat was as follows:

"Especially when multiple applications are downloaded mismatches may occur in the internal memory of the device.
    I recommend restarting your device in "Safe Mode".
    In Safe Mode will be available only applications that are preinstalled at the factory. In this way it is possible to check the correct operation of the device. "

It is a test mode - error until check which application causes the problem. It is too slow.

Finally we discovered that my particular problem was due to a duplication icon gallery at the main desk of my mobile.

Force stop did not solve my problem.

The conclusion is that the error is caused by either an external application, or misuse of the default applications.

Make backup and restore factory settings should always work if you do not you detect your particular problem.
    10-25-2016 07:34 AM
    Please help. I have an S5. Rebooting with factory settings did not help. I constantly get the message.
    11-26-2016 07:37 AM
    It's hard to find anything about it, but from what I can gather, it has to do with wi-fi. I found this little nugget in a firmware FAQ from Actiontec, which makes Screenbeam, a wireless display:

(Q) What is DCM?(A) DCM stands for Different Channel Mode. DCM is a function of the wireless network adapter and its driver. It enables the system's wireless adapter to simultaneously operate multiple connections on different wireless channels, and supports applications such as Wi-Fi infrastructure and Wi-Fi Direct.

However, this doesn't mean that I know for sure why DCM Provider is stopping. I'd suggest a cache partition wipe to start with, which won't erase any personal data: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28492
    12-10-2016 03:05 AM
    Hlw iam facing dis issue in my j7 2015 tht is dcm provided has stopped wht shld i do? Plz tell
    12-20-2016 07:04 AM
    Hlw iam facing dis issue in my j7 2015 tht is dcm provided has stopped wht shld i do? Plz tell
    I'm facing the same issues... I've samsung j7 and it always shows that dcm provider has stopped... its kind of irritating and i want this to be fixed... plz help ... !!!!
    12-21-2016 06:17 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Have you both already tried wiping the cache partition, as previously suggested?
    12-21-2016 09:45 PM
    I did same, so I format SDCard and no issues like that again
    01-16-2017 10:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD