Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default DCMProvider?

Every once in a while I'll randomly get a pop up telling me that "DCMProvider has stopped working." Anyone know what this app is/does and should I be concerned that it keeps crashing? It doesn't seem to have any negative effects so far. Google has not yielded any results.

Default Re: DCMProvider?

Did anyone find an answer on this one.

I cant find any information anywhere, but the DCMProvider is still hogging the battery power on my Samsung Galaxy 5 and I have disabled the Samsung Link Provider???
    Retired Ambassador

Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 5.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by burgo8888 View Post
    Did anyone find an answer on this one.

I cant find any information anywhere, but the DCMProvider is still hogging the battery power on my Samsung Galaxy 5 and I have disabled the Samsung Link Provider???
    Did you reboot and recharge the phone before determining it was still there?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

yes, phone has been restarted, and recharged? It's a brand new Galaxy 5

Rebooted again and DCM Provider is no longer in the picture and the phone seems to be performing well.. Thanks for the help
    Retired Ambassador

Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 5.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by burgo8888 View Post
    Rebooted again and DCM Provider is no longer in the picture and the phone seems to be performing well.. Thanks for the help
    Sorry for the late reply. Glad it's working again

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

I receive the same message quite regularly since upgrading to the S5: "Unfortunately DCMprovider has stopped". I've tried everything suggested on this thread so far but I still get the message.
    I used Smart Switch Mobile to transfer apps/files from my S3. Could it be that something needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

I'm still getting the message. Anyone??

I was having this issue, but what I did was taking a backup from my files, apps, etc using Kies 3 and then, factory reseting my phone. Now , I haven't encountered with this issue since the factory reset.

Posted via Android Central App

I just tried this today and it works so far.

Settings - Apps - All - DCMprovider - Force Close then Clear Data

I found a video on youtube, but apparently i'm not able to post links on here yet. Hope it works for you all. Took me 4 months to get it off my screen lol.

What does DCMProvider actually do? I get the impression that it is a System Tool of some kind, but I can't find anything that says what DCM is and why it needs a provider.

Johnie

I also same problum in my note 4 please healp

Posted via the Android Central App