Which Spigen Case?

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I have the ultra ft (first one) in white and really like it. It's very thin, adding little bulk, and looks good too. Definitely won't provide the same level of protection as other cases, but I'm pretty careful with my phones so it should be enough to prevent normal wear and tear.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I bought 4 or 5 Neo's for my S4 and really liked them - the only drawback to the Neo (at least for the S4) is I could only get the OEM charging plug end to fit with the case. Maybe they have changed it up on the S5 version.

I really like Spigen cases and have used them since the S3. These are the ones I have:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3578413

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3578413

Amazon.com: Spigen? [AIR CUSHION] [+Screen Shield] Samsung Galaxy S5 Case Bumper **New Release** ULTRA HYBRID [Metal Slate] Air Cushion Technology Corners + Bumper Case with Clear Back Panel + Full HD *Japanese* Screen Protector for Galaxy S5 / Galax

cmhsam

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I bought the first one in white for my black phone. Although it looks good, feels good, and provides protection its hard to reach the side volume and power buttons with the case on the phone

scrabbley

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I got the top one (Spigen Ultra Fit) in Electric Blue for my white S5. It's ok, it has a few tiny defects in the case but it fits the phone really well. I just got it as a cheap case to protect my phone while I wait for a case I really want to be released. It does add a bit too much bulk for me, and the blue looks a bit cheap against the white. It has a nice feeling to it though.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I got this one and like it a lot more than the spigen ultra. Spigen was a little too slippery

Incipio Feather Case for Samsung Galaxy S5 - Retail Packaging - Neon Yellow by Incipio Amazon.com: Incipio Feather Case for Samsung Galaxy S5 - Retail Packaging - Neon Yellow: Cell Phones & Accessories

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I had a Incipio case on my S3 but I went with an Otterbox on my S4. I liked the Incipio best because of the finish which somewhat non slip as the Otterbox case has a finish which will slip.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I got this one and like it a lot more than the spigen ultra. Spigen was a little too slippery

Incipio Feather Case for Samsung Galaxy S5 - Retail Packaging - Neon Yellow by Incipio http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I0HUJVK...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3578853

I know what you mean about the spigen being slick. I'm still going to use it but wanted to get another, grippier case. The incipio looks nice. Does it provide a sufficient lip over the rear camera and screen?

kregstrong

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Yea it sticks up enough to where the camera would never touch a flat service. Probly sticks up 1-2mm I'm guessing

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Yea it sticks up enough to where the camera would never touch a flat service. Probly sticks up 1-2mm I'm guessing

Good to hear. I'm torn between the black incipio and the black spigen (which is supposed to be grippy too, unlike the white one).

Netherscourge

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the Spigen SLIM ARMOR, Blue Metal Slate with dimpled back. (Matches the back of the stock S5 phone dimple-for-dimple). It's got a hard-rubber TPU inner-layer and a hard-plastic outer layer.

61yZvuYKwHL._SL1500_.jpg

Amazon.com: Spigen? [AIR CUSHION] Samsung Galaxy S5 Case Slim [Armor] [Slim Armor Electric Blue] DOTTED Design Slim Fit Dual Layer Protective Case for Galaxy S5 / Galaxy SV / Galaxy S V (2014) - Electric Blue (SGP10753): Cell Phones & Accessories

Very solid case and works great with a thick Japanese screen protector. Doesn't get caught up underneath it.

I highly recommend it for light, everyday use.

But if you're planning on rock climbing or something crazy, than you might want to go for something like an Otterbox Defender case which is much thicker and can take a tougher beating. More $$$ though.

My case was like $20. The screen protectors are sold separately.

TemporalBeef

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I have a neo-hybrid spigen case on my Note 3, and absolutely love it. I'm trying to get my gf to one for her s5. Very precisely form-fitting, and the metalized buttons really add to the appearance to the case and work flawlessly. Doesn't attract dust or fingerprints and it seems very protective for it's slim form factor.

Fillyo

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I have that case in metal slate (ultra slim) , I love it, nice fit and is relatively grippy. I also have the Ringle slim armor for days I want more protection

Posted via Android Central App on my S5

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the Spigen SLIM ARMOR, Blue Metal Slate with dimpled back. (Matches the back of the stock S5 phone dimple-for-dimple). It's got a hard-rubber TPU inner-layer and a hard-plastic outer layer.

View attachment 112504

Amazon.com: Spigen? [AIR CUSHION] Samsung Galaxy S5 Case Slim [Armor] [Slim Armor Electric Blue] DOTTED Design Slim Fit Dual Layer Protective Case for Galaxy S5 / Galaxy SV / Galaxy S V (2014) - Electric Blue (SGP10753): Cell Phones & Accessories

Very solid case and works great with a thick Japanese screen protector. Doesn't get caught up underneath it.

I highly recommend it for light, everyday use.

But if you're planning on rock climbing or something crazy, than you might want to go for something like an Otterbox Defender case which is much thicker and can take a tougher beating. More $$$ though.

My case was like $20. The screen protectors are sold separately.

I like this one. Might have to order it...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae