Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S5: Has anyone used ISIS or Google Wallet?

How well does it work on this phone?

Default Re: Galaxy S5: Has anyone used ISIS or Google Wallet?

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    How well does it work on this phone?
    I use google wallet. Paid for my lunch yesterday. I love it. Tap and go. And it's nice that I don't have to root like I have in the past to get it to work.
    smooth4lyfe likes this.

I used GW to pay for Domino's last week. Worked well. I didn't get a notification about the charge until the next day though.

I used isis. There was some deal where signing up for the American express prepaid card gave you 50 dollars free. Got a free tank of gas out of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    junno29 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gmurphy0487 View Post
    I used isis. There was some deal where signing up for the American express prepaid card gave you 50 dollars free. Got a free tank of gas out of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    That still going on?

NM. It's only available with AT&T. Oh well. Nice offer though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xm_jdm View Post
    That still going on?
    Yes it is! It is $50 for att and I believe $25 for verizon. You must sign up for a serve card (free! And no credit check. Basically a prepaid card)

Also a deal with ISIS that allows new members to be referred and both the new member and the referer receive a $10 amazon gift card.

More info can be found on this thread: Free 25.00 for setting up Isis verizon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app
    Xm_jdm likes this.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Same here Isis and I got 50.00 via AT&T just for signing up, but I think I'm going to use GW too.

Posted via Android Central App

I signed up a month ago with Isis on my VZW Moto X and opened an Amex Serve prepaid account. Got $40 free; and am getting $1 back each time I use it to purchase something >$1; I typically buy a soda for $1.06 at my favorite convenience store. Get up to $50 back/month until June 30th.

Quote Originally Posted by compg318 View Post
    Yes it is! It is $50 for att and I believe $25 for verizon. You must sign up for a serve card (free! And no credit check. Basically a prepaid card)

Also a deal with ISIS that allows new members to be referred and both the new member and the referer receive a $10 amazon gift card.

More info can be found on this thread: Free 25.00 for setting up Isis verizon - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

well i just got the galaxy s5 at my local verizon store and they were trying to sell me accessories and told me if i signed up for the isis acct that it would give me $25 and it briefly showed up there at the store but they couldnt get it to work so they told me it might take a few hours and it has been almost a week and still no $25 all i see is add a card. what the heck is that about

I signed up with an s4. It was a pain to get the free 50 bucks for signing up as I didn't get any verification mail and I had to call Amex customer service, they told me that they needed some verification, so I had to send a copy of my id and my ss. After I took a picture and attached it on their secured website. I called back and told them I provided and right there they approved me and I got my 50 bucks. Went to the AT&T store and used my AT&T Next and got the S5 using my isiswallet, since I only had to pay the sales tax that day.

Does anybody else have trouble setting up an Amex serve account, I did it this morning and was notified that it was processing so I updated my phone and when back to Isis app it's like I never did one and I have to do it all over again

My GW asks me to verify my identity even though I used it before. There is no way I'm sending google my ss# and picture of ID. It worked fine in the past, I don't understand why all of the sudden they want to verify my identity!?

The panda has spoken

I set up my Isis account in the AT&T store as soon as I got my s5. It paid for a case and part of the taxes on the phone.

Global Posts
    5,729 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteiPadMini View Post
    I signed up with an s4. It was a pain to get the free 50 bucks for signing up as I didn't get any verification mail and I had to call Amex customer service, they told me that they needed some verification, so I had to send a copy of my id and my ss. After I took a picture and attached it on their secured website. I called back and told them I provided and right there they approved me and I got my 50 bucks. Went to the AT&T store and used my AT&T Next and got the S5 using my isiswallet, since I only had to pay the sales tax that day.
    Why haven't you gone back to the store and asked them about it?

Quote Originally Posted by dadathepanda View Post
    My GW asks me to verify my identity even though I used it before. There is no way I'm sending google my ss# and picture of ID. It worked fine in the past, I don't understand why all of the sudden they want to verify my identity!?

The panda has spoken
    Usually, they wait until around the third transaction to verify your identity. It has been my experience with any online banking service that I had to verify my identity either at the beginning or soon thereafter.

Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    Why haven't you gone back to the store and asked them about it?

Well I originally went to the AT&T store get the the sim card that is provisioned for the Isis Wallet to work, because the one I had was purchased at Best buy and they didn't include the one that was Isis ready capable. I did sign up the Isis Wallet at AT&T store, and signed up for the Amex Serve.

The problem is not with AT&T store, once I signed up for the Amex Serve, you were supposed to get a verification e-mail and you could activate it on the spot. However, I never got the e-mail I was told that it can be a hit or miss, some would receive it immediately or it can take a while. When I got home, I called Amex customer service and told them that I open an account for the Amex Serve and I haven't got my verification e-mail. They then asked me for my photo ID and my SS. I took a picture of it and sent it via secured e-mail. I then called Amex Customer support again to check my verification and I was approved on the spot. I got the $50.00 and used that to get my S5.

Global Posts
    5,729 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteiPadMini View Post
    Well I originally went to the AT&T store get the the sim card that is provisioned for the Isis Wallet to work, because the one I had was purchased at Best buy and they didn't include the one that was Isis ready capable. I did sign up the Isis Wallet at AT&T store, and signed up for the Amex Serve.

The problem is not with AT&T store, once I signed up for the Amex Serve, you were supposed to get a verification e-mail and you could activate it on the spot. However, I never got the e-mail I was told that it can be a hit or miss, some would receive it immediately or it can take a while. When I got home, I called Amex customer service and told them that I open an account for the Amex Serve and I haven't got my verification e-mail. They then asked me for my photo ID and my SS. I took a picture of it and sent it via secured e-mail. I then called Amex Customer support again to check my verification and I was approved on the spot. I got the $50.00 and used that to get my S5.
    Okay, gotcha. I thought maybe the store did something as you said it was there for a short time and poof - gone.