Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LED light too dim?

Hey everyone. Loving my new S5 after having the S3. But I noticed that the LED light for notifications is a bit dimmer than the S3. I was just wondering if this is normal or maybe mine has a defect?

Thanks.

Default Re: LED light too dim?

Mine is too. I dont think its a defect.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Same here. I started to use Light Flow and that seems to help so it can get brighter just they choose not to make it bright, which I don't understand.

Global Posts
    1,201 Global Posts

I noticed on the white GS5 that the LED is now under the white glass. If I recall correctly, on past models the LED looked like a black dot, like there is clear glass over the top. If the LED is shining through the white glass it won't be as bright. I don't know about the black model. Is that muted as well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yeah it seems like it is. And yeah it seems like it is behind a black tinted glass. Not sure if this was their intentions to keep the decide looking sleek on the front. But I wish the light was brighter

Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rom

I kick this topic up because I ran into the same problem... My wife's Galaxy S5 Notification LED is Dim... but mine is very bright and we both have White S5's... Any ideas??
    Do not question the words I type, question the reply you are typing at this moment...

I actually asked about this a few months ago when I first got my S5. It looks like the blue LED is sometimes brighter than other times. Wondering if it depends on how long it's been since the light came on without me checking the notifications. ..brighter at first then gets dimmer as time goes on. So far I haven't been able to clarify if that is indeed the case...any input?

Posted via the Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by SloProjeklt View Post
    Hey everyone. Loving my new S5 after having the S3. But I noticed that the LED light for notifications is a bit dimmer than the S3. I was just wondering if this is normal or maybe mine has a defect?

Thanks.
    Checkout the screenshot.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk