Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dankumm
  • 1 Post By Almeuit
  • 1 Post By smooth4lyfe
  • 1 Post By Ynnuendo1991
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Default No More Face Unlock

So I like the fingerprint scan but would like to use face unlock as backup. I noticed face unlock is no longer even an option. I understand Samsung wants to promote the scanner but face unlock was stock ICS so why was it removed. Oversite? On purpose? Anyone else have any insight or even a way to config face unlock? Surprised to see it missing.
    Luca Gentile likes this.

Default Re: No More Face Unlock

They probably just removed it to have people use the fingerprint scanner as you said. They probably thought people wouldn't use the face one anymore so.. They removed it.

Sadly we never know the true reason why.. Unless a reporter asks in an interview :P.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Luca Gentile likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dankumm View Post
    So I like the fingerprint scan but would like to use face unlock as backup. I noticed face unlock is no longer even an option. I understand Samsung wants to promote the scanner but face unlock was stock ICS so why was it removed. Oversite? On purpose? Anyone else have any insight or even a way to config face unlock? Surprised to see it missing.
    Face unlock wasnt secure....my friend who kinda looks like me could get into my phone with the face unlock...I turned it off quick after that
    Luca Gentile likes this.

I put the phone in front of a Facebook pic of a friend to show him this was not secure at all...the phone unlocked.

Posted via Android Central App
    Luca Gentile likes this.

Ok . . . So how do I remove it? Need the storage.

yea umm they had an option to recognize blinks.. so that things like pictures wouldnt work