Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S5 camera video mode exposure control

I tried to film a concert song Sunday night of a well-known singer, and my new S5 in Video mode was apparently using some sort of overall average to determine the exposure setting, rather than a spot meter type exposure just on the young lady. Of course she is in a bright white spotlight. The resulting video makes her look like an angel composed of pure white light - just the outline of a white being. I had the camera mode for stills set to spot meter and that worked well, but as soon as I selected video mode it seems to ignore all those settings and just do its own thing. Here's a link to my video: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=639809669408041

As a comparison, here's a still (blown up a lot) using spot metering: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=1

Is there any settings possible to avoid this happening in the future?

Regards, Al

Global Posts
    893 Global Posts

Default Re: Galaxy S5 camera video mode exposure control

I'm looking at my GSIII so this may not be that helpful but on my GS3 you can manually set the exposure values in video. Of course on my GS III I only have +2 or -2 stops of exposure so I doubt that would have helped much. Really that's just an incredibly hard scene for a mobile phone camera.