Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default DCMProvider??? What is it?

disregard.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    ROM

Default Re: DCMProvider??? What is it?

Did you ever determine what this was??? It is killing my phones battery

Did anyone find an answer on this one. I have disabled the Samsung Link Provider, but the DCMProvider is still hogging the battery power on my Samsung Galaxy 5???

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    ROM

Same for me. Never heard back from anyone as to why the GS5 was so bad on battery life so I returned it. Now have an M8 that lasts for day and half, and I am liking it much better for things other than just the amazing battery life. Saved some money by returning the Samsung Gear as well. Wish it worked with other devices though. Maybe someone will figure out the GS5 and make it possible to get more than 4 hours battery. Till then, I am about done with Samsung. Too many bad experiences. Sold my Note 3 because it had no GPS, even after update. Galaxy S4 was extremely choppy and ridiculously slow with interaction in email and texts. HTC seems to be the best device out there, if only I could get my hands on an Xperia Z2.

I had to disable it in Apps...

Settings - Apps - All - Stop it - Clean data

It is a App that is used to comunicate with other devices eg smart TV's samsung link uses it and Youtube
    so check to see if you have a samsung smart tv connected i closed this down and Slink will not work