Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S Voice - Voice Wake up?

Simply, for those of you S5 owners...can you try to get voice wake up working in S-Voice? I cant seem to get it to function at all. I've tried it with the screen off or just idle on the home screen. However, when I say "Hi Galaxy" absolutely nothing happens. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the concept of voice wake up?

I know..most will say disable it and use Google Now, but this could still be useful without rooting for simple tasks if it worked as described, waking simply via voice.

Any help or additional people willing to test?

Default Re: S Voice - Voice Wake up?

Im glad im not alone someone please explain.

I was gooogling this issue...I m glad I m not crazy. When I tell the svoice "driving mode" or hands free, it replies "this device does not support this feature". It won't wake up of I say hi galaxy or any other word. And I couldn't get the ok google to wake up either.

Posted via Android Central App

Doesn't do anything for me either. The only way for me to use it is to double tap the home button. Google now also doesn't wake up either

what's weird is that if i use the direct menu Svoice and ask to switch on driving mode, it wont work. If I double finger slide down from top screen, I can activate driving mode, and I just tried it, it answers all the commands fine ( call, play music, read text, send text etc...)

I don't see a Car mode anywhere on my S5.... and i too can only access s-voice if i double tap home... wth
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Strange. I'll try Samsung support in the morning perhaps.

Least this isnt me just being an Android/Samsung/S Series newb..

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Grosser View Post
    I don't see a Car mode anywhere on my S5.... and i too can only access s-voice if i double tap home... wth
    Take TWO fingers and swipe down from top screen. You should see the quick icon for driving mode.

Hi I spent the whole weekend trying to figure out how to get s voice to work with voice wake up. Nothing worked, uninstalling, clearing data, cache, restarting phone. How ever, I'm sure it worked when I turned the phone for the first time. Not sure whether it stopped working after the phone update or not. Anyway I phoned Samsung support who told me they knew nothing of this issue and to try everything I already had done and then said call the provider and get a replacement handset as there was nothing they could do at the moment but they are logging all reports of issues and if they get several then they will find and fix issues. So I advise you all to call samsung and report it so they can realise there is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ynnuendo1991 View Post
    Take TWO fingers and swipe down from top screen. You should see the quick icon for driving mode.

The 2 finger swipe? How on earth did you know that existed. I never would have, in a million years, tried a 2 finger swipe anywhere.

I ve been selling cell phones for the past 9 years. I make it a habit of playing with each and every new unit I receive at my store. It s like Christmas every time I open one and discover a feature lol. But that being said, there s a "discover samsung galaxy 5 app " you can download to give you a tour.

Samsung is lying. I called them days ago and then chatted online the next day about this problem. I also told them it is all over the net. They told me they did not consider these forums to be official sources of information, Drive mode is disabled on ATT phones so this is not an option for many of us. I have just moved from IOS after many years. I love this phone and was thrilled I did not have to jailbreak to get to the inner workings. This problem needs to be fixed Samsung!
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by Janice Westbury View Post
    Samsung is lying. I called them days ago and then chatted online the next day about this problem. I also told them it is all over the net. They told me they did not consider these forums to be official sources of information, Drive mode is disabled on ATT phones so this is not an option for many of us. I have just moved from IOS after many years. I love this phone and was thrilled I did not have to jailbreak to get to the inner workings. This problem needs to be fixed Samsung!
    Very interesting to hear. As I use my iPhone 5S as my main device.....all of this drama on features and what not is new to me, lol. I'm quite enjoying my S5 as a secondary device though, have had a lot of fun tinkering. I'm a big Google ecosystem user as well, so its got some nice perks for me.

I found that if I leave the car mode icon on, the phone will answer to my voice. However it will only work to launch the music app, read and send text messages, navigation and calls. I can't have it search the Internet as I can if I double press my home button.