Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung finally has done something that only apple has done...

Make a phone so good to the point everything works, no need for 3rd party apps...touch wiz is lag free I really feel know need for nova launcher, samsung keyboard emojis, swipe and predictable text is great know need for swiftkey, the camera has every feature no need for 3rd party...battery life is good know need for juice defender, browser is fast know need for dolphin, message app has it all know need for go smh or textra etc...my point is besides the music player to me nothing needs to be replaced same how apple has iPhone to the point everything just works...

Posted via Android Central App
    mcm180, phonejunky, Ry and 4 others like this.

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

Default Re: Samsung finally has done something that only apple has done...

Now if I could just get the S5 to have even close to as good of reception as I got with my 5S. Now that would be awesome!
    Thanked by:
    redrooster13 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sel1965 View Post
    Now if I could just get the S5 to have even close to as good of reception as I got with my 5S. Now that would be awesome!
    Never had a 5s but had a 5 for a few days and I can say the s5 is the only phone that I've owned that hasn't dropped to 3g occasionally in my house and that includes the newly released m8. I don't know about you but I give the s5 a high mark on reception.

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Reception is great but my lte is not In places like how my s4 was but that might be a sprint issue

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

I should have made myself clear, call reception is great! LTE SUCKS! I can't get LTE where my iPhone was not wonderful but pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOODANT215 View Post
    Reception is great but my lte is not In places like how my s4 was but that might be a sprint issue

Yes I was just about to say because I'm on Verizon and I get lte everywhere my note 3 receives it. The fact that I get constant lte at my house is enough to excite me because my house seems like a deadzone for every carrier lol.

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app
    Spencerdl likes this.

I get the same amount of bars/reception/call quality etc on my S5 as I did on my 5s.

Quote Originally Posted by buzzy3970 View Post
    Yes I was just about to say because I'm on Verizon and I get lte everywhere my note 3 receives it. The fact that I get constant lte at my house is enough to excite me because my house seems like a deadzone for every carrier lol.

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app
    Same here. My Note3 and 5s gets LTE everywhere it's available thru the Verizon network.
    Even though I prefer Nova Prime as my Launcher, I never had a problem with TouchWiz on my Note3.....Samsung got it right with the Note3 as well ...IMHO
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

True

Quote Originally Posted by spencerdl View Post
    Same here. My Note3 and 5s gets LTE everywhere it's available thru the Verizon network.
    Even though I prefer Nova Prime as my Launcher, I never had a problem with TouchWiz on my Note3.....Samsung got it right with the Note3 as well ...IMHO
    There's no such thing as LTE, it's a marketing gimmick.

My wife has an Iphone, and I can't begin to tell you how many times she can get on the web, and I cant. Or she can make a call, and I can't.
    She's like "Hows that fancy phone treating you?" It's friggin embarrassing, lol

Quote Originally Posted by stackberry369 View Post

A very good "gimmick"
    Not Quite Right likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dad2noah View Post
    My wife has an Iphone, and I can't begin to tell you how many times she can get on the web, and I cant. Or she can make a call, and I can't.
    She's like "Hows that fancy phone treating you?" It's friggin embarrassing, lol
    Interesting.....I have both the iPhone 5s and Note3 and I get the same great service with both on Verizon network.

Quote Originally Posted by spencerdl View Post
    Interesting.....I have both the iPhone 5s and Note3 and I get the same great service with both on Verizon network.
    I have Sprint....my comment should make sense now lol

Quote Originally Posted by dad2noah View Post
    I have Sprint....my comment should make sense now lol
    LOL....Yes is does. LOL
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,156 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

TouchWiz lags.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts

Somebody get the OP some ice for that burn!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    TouchWiz lags.

Horribly. Sense on the other hand is pretty great! I refuse to buy a Samsung phone until they get rid of Touchwiz or at least optimize it considerably.
    Android convert and proud owner of the HTC One since 4/20/2013
    Where art thou webOS?

TouchWiz lags.

Not really.

Thanked by:
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,156 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Adranalyne View Post
    Not really.

So the animations, transitions, multi-tasking interface, and MyMagazine are all built to be this slow?

Swipe through the home screens and then go to the far left to my magazine. It's such a slow transition to that home screen. It's ridiculous.

On its own it's not terrible, but next to the M8 it's slow. It might look nicer (a lot nicer), but it doesn't feel faster than the Note 3 or S4.

It should also be noticeably faster than the Tab Pro 8.4 right? Faster SoC and a lower resolution display. Except it's not. At best it's the same.

So the animations, transitions, multi-tasking interface, and MyMagazine are all built to be this slow?

Swipe through the home screens and then go to the far left to my magazine. It's such a slow transition to that home screen. It's ridiculous.

On its own it's not terrible, but next to the M8 it's slow. It might look nicer (a lot nicer), but it doesn't feel faster than the Note 3 or S4.

It should also be noticeably faster than the Tab Pro 8.4 right? Faster SoC and a lower resolution display. Except it's not. At best it's the same.

Outside of the My Magazine transition, how is anything else you mentioned "slow"? It doesn't stutter. The home screens have a card stack animation so it's not going to be as fast as something that doesn't. You can turn it off or switch it to the old Touchwiz animation.

It doesn't feel faster than the S4 or Note 3? Seriously? Kind of hard to even dignify that with a response. You're reaching there. Unsurprisingly, you brought the M8 into this. Sense is slightly faster than this version of Touchwiz, but the gap from last year has closed significantly.

As far as the animations go, they obviously feel it adds to the experience. I disagree, which is why I cut them in half. Takes less than a minute. Although if I didn't turn them off, this device still wouldn't be slow.

AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,156 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Outside of the My Magazine transition, how is anything else you mentioned "slow"? It doesn't stutter. The home screens have a card stack animation so it's not going to be as fast as something that doesn't. You can turn it off or switch it to the old Touchwiz animation.

It doesn't feel faster than the S4 or Note 3? Seriously? Kind of hard to even dignify that with a response. You're reaching there. Unsurprisingly, you brought the M8 into this. Sense is slightly faster than this version of Touchwiz, but the gap from last year has closed significantly.

As far as the animations go, they obviously feel it adds to the experience. I disagree, which is why I cut them in half. Takes less than a minute. Although if I didn't turn them off, this device still wouldn't be slow.

Getting defensive much? I did say that on its own it doesn't seem that bad, but next to the M8 it's noticeably slower. So yeah, that's my experience with it. Same with my comparison to the Note 3 and S4. I'm not reaching, but I'm not sugar coating it either.

You may not have noticed, but you did admit that Sense is faster. I just think you're understating the difference.

I also brought another 2014 Samsung device into the discussion, which also feels faster, while having "slower" hardware and more pixels to push. I haven't adjusted animation speed or anything like that on any device. Care to explain that one?
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,745 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stackberry369 View Post

Please elaborate.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanked by:
    Spencerdl likes this.

Getting defensive much? I did say that on its own it doesn't seem that bad, but next to the M8 it's noticeably slower. So yeah, that's my experience with it. Same with my comparison to the Note 3 and S4. I'm not reaching, but I'm not sugar coating it either.

You may not have noticed, but you did admit that Sense is faster. I just think you're understating the difference.

I also brought another 2014 Samsung device into the discussion, which also feels faster, while having "slower" hardware and more pixels to push. I haven't adjusted animation speed or anything like that on any device. Care to explain that one?
    How was that defensive? I'm just amused that you believe this phone is slow. You lost my interest in this argument when you said it wasn't any faster than the S4 or Note 3. So as much as I'd like to comment on the Tab, I haven't used it. Considering your most recent track record in assessing UI speeds, I'm going to bet you're way off on that comparison, too.

And yes, I realize I said Sense is quicker. It is. Just not by that much that I'd make a big deal about it. Hopefully that makes you feel better about your M8 purchase, which is still the inferior device between the two.

AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,156 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

How was that defensive? I'm just amused that you believe this phone is slow. You lost my interest in this argument when you said it wasn't any faster than the S4 or Note 3. So as much as I'd like to comment on the Tab, I haven't used it. Considering your most recent track record in assessing UI speeds, I'm going to bet you're way off on that comparison, too.

And yes, I realize I said Sense is quicker. It is. Just not by that much that I'd make a big deal about it. Hopefully that makes you feel better about your M8 purchase, which is still the inferior device between the two.

You can "bet" that all you want. I have all three devices in front of me right now (S5, M8, Tab Pro 8.4). The UI being slower than the M8 is a fact, as I can look and see it for myself, right now, at this very moment.

You should also realize that I have both devices, and I don't need anybody's approval to feel good about any purchases that I make. I'm not that insecure.
    Elite1 and UJ95x like this.

I love smooth transitions animation if I want fast just turn them off...I have no lag

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast