Lol @ Samsung

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Apple don't own the rights to the fingerprint scanner. They were bit the first to put it on a phone.

What about all the features Apple stole from android?

Everyone takes inspiration from somewhere.

It just bugs me, as Apple seem to think that they have a divine right to all these features that they didn't even invent in the first place. Now they are trying to bully Samsung out of business. Ridiculous damages, trying to get their products banned, trying to demand a cut from every phone they sell.

Posted from my galaxy note 3

Motorola did it with the Atrix. I think there are others, but that one sticks out. I'm not saying it worked well, but it was there. Before the 5S was released (by some number of years).

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Motorola did it with the Atrix. I think there are others, but that one sticks out. I'm not saying it worked well, but it was there. Before the 5S was released (by some number of years).

It may have been there but unless it was done on a major flagship device one one if the top of the line carriers, it really is irrelevant IMO

Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
It may have been there but unless it was done on a major flagship device one one if the top of the line carriers, it really is irrelevant IMO

AT&T isn't a top carrier? Motorola didn't advertise this as their flagship that year at CES (along with the Droid Bionic)?

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
AT&T isn't a top carrier? Motorola didn't advertise this as their flagship that year at CES (along with the Droid Bionic)?

Sorry, I don't know how I typed carrier, meant manufacturer,lol

Also, you can call anything a flagship,but if the sales numbers don't line up,it really isn't one.

What I mean is if a top selling phone had done it

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I like imore but they do get a little too defensive when they feel threatened lol

When the fire TV was announced they went on a mini trade about how the Apple TV was better and decided to give away free Apple TV's top readers.

They love to bash samsung especially, but mainly android. Unlike the other Mobile Nations sites that more or less try to keep an unbiased review, imore is the complete opposite.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Apple don't own the rights to the fingerprint scanner. They were bit the first to put it on a phone.

What about all the features Apple stole from android?

Everyone takes inspiration from somewhere.

It just bugs me, as Apple seem to think that they have a divine right to all these features that they didn't even invent in the first place. Now they are trying to bully Samsung out of business. Ridiculous damages, trying to get their products banned, trying to demand a cut from every phone they sell.

They didn't claim to invent them, but they do have a patent on them and they are trying to protect that patent, just like any other company would do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishfam4

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Lol @ CrApple. Enjoy your crappy products that only last 6 months to a year!

I own a 5 year old iPhone 3GS (which I'm typing from), 1.5 year old iPhone 4 and 1.5 year old iPad 3. My dad has a black early 2008 MacBook, and my mom has a white 2010 MacBook. My mom has spilled coffee on it twice, dropped it more times than she'd like to remember, and used the keyboard so much that the "E", "A" and "S" keys are basically blank. And on top of all this, both MacBooks are made out of PLASTIC.

I'm not an iSheep, but you've got to give the fruit company credit for build quality/product lifespan. While I prefer Android as a mobile OS, if OS X met someone's needs and budget, I'd tell them to spring for a Mac instead of a Windows computer. (Unless I could recommend building a computer. ;))

Last edited:

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

Also, you can call anything a flagship,but if the sales numbers don't line up,it really isn't one.

Motorola is a major manufacturer regardless of sales numbers.

If sales numbers were all that determined whether something was a flagship nobody would argue M8 vs S5. :p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Motorola is a major manufacturer regardless of sales numbers.

If sales numbers were all that determined whether something was a flagship nobody would argue M8 vs S5. :p

Is the htc one not the highest selling device on htc? Can you say the same thing for this "atrix" thing?

Lol

Sales numbers are what defines what a flagship is

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Is the htc one not the highest selling device on htc? Can you say the same thing for this "atrix" thing?

Lol

At that time maybe. For Motorola anyway. I didn't pay much attention to sales numbers then.

bradleyem

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I love how Apple is suing Samsung for "stealing" features that Apple said they invented, but many of which were on old school Windows Mobile phones before Apple was even a player in the mobile phone game :-/ And Apple hardware is good (except for ANY of their charging ports) and iOS is ok, albeit restrictive, but iTunes sucks donky balls...

SanDeggo

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
This thread got silly. I had every iPhone up until the iPhone 5S. It had nothing to do with the quality of their products or even the price, I just wanted a change. To consider that their products are garbage is just ignorant. They are limited in what you can do with them unless they are unlocked, but there is a lot of garbage on Android phones that are not necessary as well.

There are a lot of great phones out there but there are certain features that each consumer has a preference on. The Galaxy S5 seemed like a great phone for me, I miss some things about the iPhone 5. But there are some things that I really enjoy about the S5. All in all, they still serve a main purpose. :)

peteypab2133

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site

I almost fell victim to a comma coma. Just kidding

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
No one said that Apple owned it, but if you can't clearly see that one major flagship added a finger print scanner then two Android manufacturers copied the exact idea within a year, while doing all sorts of tricks and stunts to make it work differently than apple, then I can't help you.

There's a difference between inspiration and copying what someone else is doing and altering it just a few months after it was made popular

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Yea but copying is copying.. they all do it.. it's a part of life! Steve Jobs admitted he did it too ..he said he was shameless about stealing great ideas... however for him to condone it then turn around and go legal crazy is super hypocritical! Not to add all this legal stuff slows down innovation... Thats why I didn't like Apple for Soooo many years... iPhone6 maybe be the first Apple product I consider.."maybe" ..

Steve Jobs: Good artists copy great artists steal: http://youtu.be/CW0DUg63lqU

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

Lol

Sales numbers don't make a flagship. Otherwise what would we call the HTC one, LG G 2, Sony Z1 etc as they all haven't really sold that well.

The HTC One despite low sales numbers is HTCs best selling phone of all time. What would we say about handsets like the desire and Hero, which were both flagships for HTC in their day and sold even less than the ONE.

Just because the Atrix may not have sold in the millions it doesn't mean that it wasn't a flagship device for Motorola.

Whatever way you want to spin it, Apple were not the first company to have the fingerprint scanner on a phone. They all copy each other. Apple have copied loads from android and vice versa.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Sales numbers don't make a flagship. Otherwise what would we call the HTC one, LG G 2, Sony Z1 etc as they all haven't really sold that well.

The HTC One despite low sales numbers is HTCs best selling phone of all time. What would we say about handsets like the desire and Hero, which were both flagships for HTC in their day and sold even less than the ONE.

Just because the Atrix may not have sold in the millions it doesn't mean that it wasn't a flagship device for Motorola.

Whatever way you want to spin it, Apple were not the first company to have the fingerprint scanner on a phone. They all copy each other. Apple have copied loads from android and vice versa.

If a device is the best selling device for a manufacturer, it's their flagship. There is no arguing that.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
The Atrix was Motorola's flagship device for AT&T.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

Any sales numbers to back it up? Also, are you really considering a phone on one carrier in today's world a flagship? Really?

Let's stop having this discussion, to each his own, this really is going no where,lol

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Any sales numbers to back it up? Also, are you really considering a phone on one carrier in today's world a flagship? Really?

Let's stop having this discussion, to each his own, this really is going no where,lol

Most phone vs phone threads go nowhere. Since it's a preference thing... And if I prefer the Note 3 versus a S5 or iPhone.. I'm not wrong since.. It's my preference. Everyone just likes to try and convince people to agree with their choices ;).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.