Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AT&T Galaxy S5 missing "Car Mode"

Can anyone please confirm? My att S5 does not list the car mode feature in quick settings. Instead, there's only a spin off att app entitled driving mode that prevents texting and driving?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: AT&T Galaxy S5 missing "Car Mode"

Quote Originally Posted by U4icLab View Post
    Can anyone please confirm? My att S5 does not list the car mode feature in quick settings. Instead, there's only a spin off att app entitled driving mode that prevents texting and driving?

Well that would suck. I have T-Mobile and it's there so I can't comment on it but hopefully someone else can.

I have t-mobile as well however after using the app a few times it suddenly stops working and a full restore of the os is needed to use it a good again. Not sure why this is happening

AT&T disabled it, I talked to a rep; I guess they feel thier AT&T drive mode is better.

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts

Car mode is in the notifications panel as a Icon not like on S4 when it was in settings menu

Thanks for pointing out where it ended up on the S5. Do any one know if there is a way to get it to auto load when put in a dock? I upgraded from an S2 with the official Samsung car dock and when I would hook it up it would automatically launch drive mode, but that does not appear to work on the S5. (yes I ripped my S2 dock apart to get to the main board and was able to plug it into my S5)
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Confirmed: disabled in ATT phone. It's not in notifications/settings/anywhere on 900a

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ddgiant View Post
    Thanks for pointing out where it ended up on the S5. Do any one know if there is a way to get it to auto load when put in a dock? I upgraded from an S2 with the official Samsung car dock and when I would hook it up it would automatically launch drive mode, but that does not appear to work on the S5. (yes I ripped my S2 dock apart to get to the main board and was able to plug it into my S5)
    The new car mode has a built in BT setting unlike before when a 3rd party app was required, so if your car has BT the dock setting is not required
    Thanked by:

Can you elaborate on this or have a link on how this will now work? As of right now my car does not have BT but I am looking at upgrading the radio in the near future.
    Is there any other way to automatically launch car mode with out BT, like what I was able to do with my S2 and the Samsung car dock. I was never using a third party app to do this before.

My problem is just the opposite. TMobile S5 and since I turned the Driving Mode on it won't stop? I shut it down, unchecked all the boxes, even did a force restart and it STILL comes on when I start driving. I mean, I appreciate the help but I'd like it to come on when I choose, not when it chooses.

I found my settings as described, I'm on EE and this post was useful, thanks.

I have a Bluetooth Mirror which clips over my exisiting rear view mirror.

I had a play with it and basically when I get in to my car, I turn on my Bluetooth Mirror and Car mode is activated which is great, it plays the voice through my car stereo (my mirror connects to my car stereo vi a FM channel). The only thing I cannot seem to get to work is playing music, it plays the music through the phone and not through my bluetooth mirror and subsequently my stereo. The weird thing is the S5 voice commands and the phpne calls etc do play through my stereo.

Is there a setting I missed?

I'm assuming that this crippling can be gotten around by installing a clean rom?

On att they have there own drive app and they only let you use that nothing else

Posted via At&t SAMSUNG GALAXY S5

I researched quite a bit on this. Currently having a t-mobile galaxy s5. I would say with cent per cent assurance that att guys should not be bothered about no car mode as it is one of the most stupidest apps I have ever seen and I don't even use it.

However, I would like to answer someone who has posted a question who intends to use it and doesn't have BT in car and hence cannot use to trigger car mode with its auto trigger feature. You can use a NFC tag in your car and download trigger app to launch car mode when your phone contacts the tag and then dock it. Also, from my experience it is not a worthy app and I use a combination of NFC tag and car dock and I also have BT in my car.

Look for a app called drive mode on your phone that's the thing we have

quickshortcutmaker app will find car mode but, unfortunately I haven't been able to get it to work like it did on the HTC One m7. It would stay on when docked.

Now it cuts off just like anything else - the screen goes dim even when docked.

If someone knows how to get it to stay on - please let us all know!

-r794d2