Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    strikeIII's Avatar

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

    Default Phone/Contacts App Issue

    Has anyone noticed that the phone or contacts app randomly launches when you swipe to unlock your device or when swiping and navigating around the device? I'm using Nova Prime Add my launcher and will try to see if Nova is the culprit.

    Sent from my Galaxy S5 using TapaTalk
  2. #2  
    Kelly Burby's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    702 Posts
    Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

    Default Re: Phone/Contacts App Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by strikeIII View Post
    Has anyone noticed that the phone or contacts app randomly launches when you swipe to unlock your device or when swiping and navigating around the device? I'm using Nova Prime Add my launcher and will try to see if Nova is the culprit.

    Sent from my Galaxy S5 using TapaTalk
    Well, I guess you are experiencing this problem because of the Nova Prime launcher it has gesture launcher i.e. swiping on the sideways will open apps, i am sure you can configure it by going into the nova launcher settings.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    strikeIII's Avatar

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

    Default Re: Phone/Contacts App Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Burby View Post
    Well, I guess you are experiencing this problem because of the Nova Prime launcher it has gesture launcher i.e. swiping on the sideways will open apps, i am sure you can configure it by going into the nova launcher settings.
    I don't have any of the swipe commands configured on Nova. Switched to Touchwiz and it was still there. I rebooted a couple of times and it looks like it has gone away. Hopefully the issue is gone.

    Sent from my Galaxy S5 using TapaTalk
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Phone/Contacts App Issue

    I do not notice this issue with stock launcher

    -Sent from Tapatalk
  5. #5  
    Kelly Burby's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    702 Posts
    Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

    Default Re: Phone/Contacts App Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by strikeIII View Post
    I don't have any of the swipe commands configured on Nova. Switched to Touchwiz and it was still there. I rebooted a couple of times and it looks like it has gone away. Hopefully the issue is gone.

    Sent from my Galaxy S5 using TapaTalk
    Well, that's just great you have sorted it out !! I think that swiping feature is being added by the samsung touchwiz, I still didn't managed to get my hands on the s5 .....
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    strikeIII's Avatar

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

    Default Re: Phone/Contacts App Issue

    Man, the issue is back and I've been using the stock launcher for a whole day. I guess I gotta try a wipe and reset.

    Sent from my Galaxy S5 using TapaTalk
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Phone/Contacts App Issue

    I am having the same problem. I have Nova Launcher installed as well, no gestures set to start anything. I cannot for the life of me figure out why it is launching. Sometimes it just launches when I lift my phone, sometimes on unlock. Did you solve this problem? Also, it did not start until this morning, and I have been using this phone for a week with Nova launcher installed.

Similar Threads

  1. Galaxy gear app store INSTALLATION FAILED. TRY LATER.(-2)
    By Kyle Gregory in forum Samsung Galaxy Gear
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-09-2014, 10:38 PM
  2. Call Recording App
    By djncanada1 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-16-2014, 02:34 PM
  3. unlock phone sim/network?
    By Aizu Aizu in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-16-2014, 04:25 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-15-2014, 11:26 AM
  5. Looking for an app ...
    By tess1977 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-14-2014, 09:02 PM

Posting Permissions