Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

Default Phone/Contacts App Issue

Has anyone noticed that the phone or contacts app randomly launches when you swipe to unlock your device or when swiping and navigating around the device? I'm using Nova Prime Add my launcher and will try to see if Nova is the culprit.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using TapaTalk
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Phone/Contacts App Issue

Quote Originally Posted by strikeIII View Post
    Has anyone noticed that the phone or contacts app randomly launches when you swipe to unlock your device or when swiping and navigating around the device? I'm using Nova Prime Add my launcher and will try to see if Nova is the culprit.

Well, I guess you are experiencing this problem because of the Nova Prime launcher it has gesture launcher i.e. swiping on the sideways will open apps, i am sure you can configure it by going into the nova launcher settings.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Burby View Post
    Well, I guess you are experiencing this problem because of the Nova Prime launcher it has gesture launcher i.e. swiping on the sideways will open apps, i am sure you can configure it by going into the nova launcher settings.
    I don't have any of the swipe commands configured on Nova. Switched to Touchwiz and it was still there. I rebooted a couple of times and it looks like it has gone away. Hopefully the issue is gone.

I do not notice this issue with stock launcher

-Sent from Tapatalk
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by strikeIII View Post
    I don't have any of the swipe commands configured on Nova. Switched to Touchwiz and it was still there. I rebooted a couple of times and it looks like it has gone away. Hopefully the issue is gone.

Well, that's just great you have sorted it out !! I think that swiping feature is being added by the samsung touchwiz, I still didn't managed to get my hands on the s5 .....
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

Man, the issue is back and I've been using the stock launcher for a whole day. I guess I gotta try a wipe and reset.

I am having the same problem. I have Nova Launcher installed as well, no gestures set to start anything. I cannot for the life of me figure out why it is launching. Sometimes it just launches when I lift my phone, sometimes on unlock. Did you solve this problem? Also, it did not start until this morning, and I have been using this phone for a week with Nova launcher installed.