Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pserjak
  • 2 Post By pserjak
  • 2 Post By wcp17
  • 1 Post By Ian Beddows
  • 1 Post By RonaldoRiddas
  • 1 Post By pserjak
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Where is KNOX?

I have an S5 on O2 Pay Monthly. I can't locate the KNOX installer stub to allow me to install/activate KNOX.
    I've spoken to O2 and they claim that KNOX is not blocked by them as a carrier.
    Have Samsung blocked deployment of KNOX on O2 UK? It was supposed to be a default install.

I was happily using KNOX on my S4 previously. I'd really like to use it on my S5.

I am not interested in rooting the phone.

Default Re: Where is KNOX?

Would it be in Samsung's app store? I won't have my s5 until later today or I'd look myself :P

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I wish it was that simple!!!! So, no it's not in the Samsung AppStore..That i can see.

When will Knox be available on the S5 phones?
    Ian Beddows likes this.

What is Knoxx?

Knox essential allows you to divide your phone in two. It creates a virtual 'work environment' within your phone, that is separate and secured from your personal environment. It is a must for the level of security required for my work Exchange Mailbox.
    UJ95x and Ian Beddows like this.

I received and email from Samsung on 4/14 stating that KNOX will be available shortly for the Galaxy S5. Unfortunately they didn't give a date. Also, if you look in the "all" section of the application manager, you will notice that the preloaded KNOX program is ver. 1.0. The S5 will have ver. 2.0 when it is released.
    pserjak and Ian Beddows like this.

Sadly, my S5 didn't come with any version of Knox preloaded (I've looked everywhere for it). Reading through other forums, it sounds like different carriers had different default software loads. My S4 had Knox 1.0 pre-loaded in the application manager.

Go into the app manager and swipe to go all the way to the right to see "all" apps on phone. KNOX is listed in there.

Thanks. I do see it in the app manager under the all heading; but I can't launch it. you can click on it and it shows 00B. Any idea how to launch from there?

Posted via Android Central App
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by pserjak View Post
    Thanks. I do see it in the app manager under the all heading; but I can't launch it. you can click on it and it shows 00B. Any idea how to launch from there?

Exactly the same here. I'm wondering if it's down to using the same SD Card as the previous S4, and the KNOX V1 app lingering from the S4 install.
    pserjak likes this.

I've done a previous post with no avail. I'm on o2 as well and can't get knox anywhere and is doing my head in as well I loved that feature in my old note 3

Ian Beddows likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pserjak View Post
    Knox essential allows you to divide your phone in two. It creates a virtual 'work environment' within your phone, that is separate and secured from your personal environment. It is a must for the level of security required for my work Exchange Mailbox.
    Like Balance from bb10?

Sent from my Moto x, my weapon of choice!

Agreed.
    I guess it's wait for Samsung to release a version for the S5......hopefully soon.

Ian Beddows likes this.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Ok glad it's not a fault on the phone. So will join the queue waiting for Samsung to release it for the S5....