- 8 Posts
Galaxy S4 vs S5
I have a newbie Android question. My wife has an S4 and I just got an S5. Our OSes are different. My bottom left button is a task button and hers is a settings button. However, when I go to update her software it says it is the most up to date version. What am I missing here?
My S5 is running 4.4.2.
Last edited by dminches; 04-15-2014 at 09:05 AM.
- 04-15-2014, 08:52 AM #2
- 906 Posts
Re: Galaxy S4 vs S5
I think there's a typo there -- your wife has an S4 and you just got an S5. The S4 has been updated to 4.4, but your carrier may not have pushed it out. It also may be a 4.4.1 instead of 4.4.2 (I don't know, I didn't install KitKat on my S4).
Samsung swapped out the menu button for a task button on all models released in 2014. So the Note 10.1 has a menu button while the Note Pro has a task button. Same goes for the S4 and S5. If you long press the task button, it will act like the menu button. On the S4, the task button was a long press on the home button while a long press on the menu button toggled multi window mode.
- 04-15-2014, 11:46 AM #4
- By Megacack in forum Sprint Galaxy S3Replies: 5Last Post: 11-16-2014, 01:58 AM
- By yoobineee in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 04-17-2014, 03:16 PM
- By sjsmith1708 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 04-15-2014, 10:54 AM
- By Omer San Gabriel in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 8Last Post: 04-15-2014, 09:04 AM
- By janadiane in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 04-15-2014, 03:37 AM