Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4 vs S5

I have a newbie Android question. My wife has an S4 and I just got an S5. Our OSes are different. My bottom left button is a task button and hers is a settings button. However, when I go to update her software it says it is the most up to date version. What am I missing here?

My S5 is running 4.4.2.
    Last edited by dminches; 04-15-2014 at 09:05 AM.

Default Re: Galaxy S4 vs S5

I think there's a typo there -- your wife has an S4 and you just got an S5. The S4 has been updated to 4.4, but your carrier may not have pushed it out. It also may be a 4.4.1 instead of 4.4.2 (I don't know, I didn't install KitKat on my S4).

Samsung swapped out the menu button for a task button on all models released in 2014. So the Note 10.1 has a menu button while the Note Pro has a task button. Same goes for the S4 and S5. If you long press the task button, it will act like the menu button. On the S4, the task button was a long press on the home button while a long press on the menu button toggled multi window mode.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Cobravision View Post
    I think there's a typo there -- your wife has an S4 and you just got an S5. The S4 has been updated to 4.4, but your carrier may not have pushed it out. It also may be a 4.4.1 instead of 4.4.2 (I don't know, I didn't install KitKat on my S4).

Samsung swapped out the menu button for a task button on all models released in 2014. So the Note 10.1 has a menu button while the Note Pro has a task button. Same goes for the S4 and S5. If you long press the task button, it will act like the menu button. On the S4, the task button was a long press on the home button while a long press on the menu button toggled multi window mode.
    Ugh. Right, I have an S5. Sorry.

So Verizon may not have pushed out the newest OS for the S4. At least there is a reason.

No KitKat update yet for the Verizon S4 and no ETA. I have no idea why, but I thought you lived in Australia.