Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Syncing read status & notifications?

I've noticed that my S5 isn't removing items from my notification bar that I've already read on my computer. I've noticed it so far with Gmail, Exchange & Hangouts, where if an email comes in and I read it on my computer, it doesn't get removed from my notification bar. It syncs the read status, so if I were to open Gmail it would show the email is read. Is there a way to have the notifications go away once these messages are synced to read status?

Default Re: Syncing read status & notifications?

I have the same issue. Actually gmail and syncing sucks so far all around on this phone. If I send test emails to my gmail, sometimes the phone receives notification in a few mins, sometimes an hour. The syncing is very erratic
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Abbott View Post
    I have the same issue. Actually gmail and syncing sucks so far all around on this phone. If I send test emails to my gmail, sometimes the phone receives notification in a few mins, sometimes an hour. The syncing is very erratic
    Anyone else? This is pretty frustrating.

Global Posts
    2,449 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

There are a couple other threads I saw today regarding Gmail and syncing, so it sounds like it's not just you. Pretty much saying that it takes a long time to sync or receive mail. I haven't had any issues yet. Do a quick search and the threads will come up.

Anyone else having issues with syncing. Gmail, and even exchange accounts randomly sync. Sometimes they'll get an email right away, sometimes it takes a half an hour. It's sporadic. My connection is perfect. Could this be a hardware issue?

Did a factory reset. Still does it. This thing's a POS.

Very strange. Mine notifies me immediately, but I am using the stock Mail app. I have not tried syncing as far as reading an email elsewhere and seeing if it goes away in notification centre though.

I'm using the stock email apps too. Both gmail and the exchange one.

Does EVERYONES gmail and mail apps sync perfectly? I get the emails eventually, and the only way I realize they are late, or sometimes right away is because I am on my PC and I have gmail open separately along with exchange email ect.