Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default GMAIL woes

My gmail does not sync near as fast as my HTC one did. In fact, if I send a test email it will sometimes show up in the notifications within a few mins...sometimes takes longer. Any ideas? When I go to my google sync settings I have mail and google data checked. Yes I have autosync on and all that of course.

Thoughts?

Default Re: GMAIL woes

I have the same issue. I had the same thing happen on my S4. I still don't know why this happens.

Does seem a bit slower than my GNEX was. Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Abbott View Post
    My gmail does not sync near as fast as my HTC one did. In fact, if I send a test email it will sometimes show up in the notifications within a few mins...sometimes takes longer. Any ideas? When I go to my google sync settings I have mail and google data checked. Yes I have autosync on and all that of course.

Thoughts?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Maybe an update will fix it?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I tried clearing gmail data under apps, thought that might work. It seemed to for a few emails. However, I sent another test email, and it's been in my inbox for 12 minutes now when I look at it "unread" in my browser on my computer. Still no sign of it coming to my phone. Fail.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Finally came...took 16 mins. Ghey.

Try the new "Mailbox" app from Dropbox.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by felloffthetruck View Post
    Try the new "Mailbox" app from Dropbox.
    I tried this K9 one. Seems to work nicely, but I want to put the mail icon in the tray at the bottom. Unfortunately the icon for that app is a freakin dog. Really?

Dropbox seems cool but it wants to me make a dropbox account. What is that? I just want to get my email in a timely manner, lol.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Guess nobody else has this issue?

I had this problem too using the default Email app..until I drilled down deeper in the Sync settings under "Sync Schedule". Mine was set to Push, but in the Sync Schedule settings BY DEFAULT it was set to only check every 15 minutes during a pre-defined peak time (Mon-Fri, 8am to 5pm).

I turned that off and now it works flawlessly.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by Androskeleton View Post
    I had this problem too using the default Email app..until I drilled down deeper in the Sync settings under "Sync Schedule". Mine was set to Push, but in the Sync Schedule settings BY DEFAULT it was set to only check every 15 minutes during a pre-defined peak time (Mon-Fri, 8am to 5pm).

I turned that off and now it works flawlessly.
    Yeah, this is the Gmail app though, don't think you have that option.

Gmail has always sucked, use cloud magic, never had an issue

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens