Spigen Tough Armor Case

meyn3

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone use this case? How big of a pain is it to open the charging port? Good thoughts on this case vs Otterbox commuter or defender?

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I ordered one. Should be here today or tomorrow. I love their cases. Very small profile and great protection

Posted via Android Central App

Zendarzwei

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
It's a pretty big pain to get the cover open on the current case. HOWEVER, I got an email from spigen telling me they changed the design specifically for that issue, and I'm getting a free one in the mail soon.

Zylograth

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I got the same case and email from Spigen. Seems to be a good case and will be nice once the new TPU arrives to resolve the charge port issues.

I also ordered a CaseMate Tough Case which I have used on my GS3 and my Note 3 and have been very happy with so far.

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I actually had to cut the rubber off that was on the top part of the charging port. I wasn't going to, but it was really hindering the fingerprint thing. Then I went to charge it and that thin piece of rubber from the Spigen case got in the way again. That made my decision to snip a lot easier,
I too got an e-mail saying they would send me another case.

atg284

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
It's a pretty big pain to get the cover open on the current case. HOWEVER, I got an email from spigen telling me they changed the design specifically for that issue, and I'm getting a free one in the mail soon.

I got my replacement TPU portion today and it does allow for easier access to the charging port.

CPride

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Any idea if the case will work with the wireless charging back cover? I know it hasn't been released yet, but I'd imagine it adds a bit of thickness to the back cover.

milehifireguy

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

I have the Spigen slim armor and got the same email.
Like the case either way, very slim and seems to protect it well... dropped mine off the treadmill this morning and everything's great

Posted via Android Central App

meyn3

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Well the Tough Armor case is on the way, should arrive today. Looks like a lot of people got a replacement, so I'm curious as to what version of the case I'll be getting. Hopefully I don't need to make any modifications to it.

killakumes

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Got the slim armor a few days ago. Very happy with it and love how it mimics the feel of a naked s5's back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

the block

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Got my Spigen Tough Armor last night. So far I really like it a lot. It's definitely easier to hold the phone now without constantly pressing buttons accidentally. The case seems really well made too.

I can't really speak to how it affects opening the charging port because I have short chubby fingers and I bite my fingernails, so I couldn't get the damn thing open to begin with, with no case. I always have to stick something in there to pry it open. The wireless charging covers can't come soon enough for me.

Foxtrot_01

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
galaxy cover spigen.jpg

Hello all,
I ordered the tough armor last week and got it 2 days ago, seems pretty slick, not sure if I got the old model or the new, so far no email from Spigen, I got it through amazon and I verified it was original with the little serial number. this is the pic of the charging opening.
I dont seem to have a problem accessing the charging port, the only thing is that the heart monitor doesnt work or at least it cant seem to read my finger pulse.