Samsung Galaxy S5 Desktop Dock available?

atomarchio

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Is there a desktop dock currently available for Samsung Galaxy S5? I have the Samsung universal dock for my S3 now but it says this dock will not support S5.

Please let me know. Thanks.

JS_racer

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how it would work with the charger flap. I have a gs2 dock modified to fit my old gs3 with a case. The s5 fits, but that flap is a pita so I didn't give it much effort. The old phone in a diz case went in flawlessly.

ssgokou29

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Another option would be to go wireless charging. This will help to prevent the strain on opening/closing the charging port that is supposed to help with the water resistance.

If you register your s5 on the samsung website you should get a 50% off coupon on OEM accessory.

I already have the qi compatible wireless charger, no just need samsung to start stocking the backs. It's a lil more expensive, but i think it'll be worth it in the long run and plus, no wires, easier.

RemyL75

May 30, 2011
Visit site
The S5 does not have a Docking Mode. If you connect the phone to a dock, it MIGHT charge it. But it will definitely NOT give you the "The dock is connected" message like the previous Galaxy S or Galaxy Note phones. The Accessory option in Settings only has one setting now, and it's for HDMI audio output. IN the Note 3 and the S4 there are at least 2 more options under Accessory that govern how the phone behaves when connected to a Dock. Those settings are not present in the Stock ROM for the S5.

JS_racer

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
The S5 does not have a Docking Mode. If you connect the phone to a dock, it MIGHT charge it. But it will definitely NOT give you the "The dock is connected" message like the previous Galaxy S or Galaxy Note phones. The Accessory option in Settings only has one setting now, and it's for HDMI audio output. IN the Note 3 and the S4 there are at least 2 more options under Accessory that govern how the phone behaves when connected to a Dock. Those settings are not present in the Stock ROM for the S5.

An actual, physical dock, not Docking mode.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Ultrathin Desktop Dual Charging Dock
:)

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
This dock doesnt charge the phone as fast as if you plugged your charging cable into the outlet using the usb 3.0 cable. This is a data dock primarily

Sent from my SM-T700

cpu22girl

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

cpu22girl

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the dock I posted about about above (KiDiGi WHITE RUGGED CASE CHARGER SYNC CRADLE USB 3.0 DOCK FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY S5) and here is my opinion... Although, the dock does work it is very difficult to dock the phone. You have to line up the phone with the charger perfectly and that takes some time. You definitely need a light to do so. Also, when removing the phone from the dock, you have to pull pretty hard. With docks I have used in the past for other devices you usually just drop the phone in and it is easy to remove when you need to. This is not the case with this dock at all. I guess I will be looking for a wireless charging system now. I'm sending this charging dock back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay