Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S5 on T mobile car mode stopped working

have been using car mode for the past few days and love it. However today went to start it and it attempts to load but then get a message saying "unfortunitly car mode has stopped working"

rebooted phone and to no avail still happens. any one know of a fix for this. if not ill have to back up my device and do a factory reset.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: S5 on T mobile car mode stopped working

Restored factory os and solved issue ....for a few hours then bam started again. Any help here would be appreciated really don't want to wipe the phone again

I was having this same issue since the weekend. I discovered the "Car mode" the other night, though alright that's cool, then shut it down. The following day I kept getting the error that you're experiencing. Also, whenever someone would call me it would always redirect the call through the Car mode even when it wasn't enabled. Wicked annoying. SO... Solutions, let's get to this:

Obvious ones that you've probably already done:

1. Reset via "Reset" power down option - didn't work for me
    2. Reset via "Turn Off" power option, then turn phone on - didn't work for me
    3. Once I did the "Turn Off" and turn on option I went into my settings and found the car mode was not turned on, I turned it on and car mode loaded, then I turned it off. That seemed to work.

If that doesn't work I contacted Samsung directly through their live chat and told the person everything I had done, after about 10 minutes of them telling me it could be one of the downloaded 3rd party apps (bull****) they gave me this solution:

Main screen>>Apps>>Settings>>Application>>Application Manager>>Swipe the screen from right to left till you see ALL option>>Scroll down for Car Mode option>>Tap on it>>Tap on clear cache, clear data and Force stop.

Hopefully that works for you.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Great thanks, i actually havent had this issue since i did a comlete wipe and reinstall of the OS. however if this happens in the future i will def give this a shot first, seems alot faster then wiping the phone

My vz S5 car mode would not work if I changed the default messaging app. I use google hangouts for messaging and that will cause car mode to crash. Clear the cache, force stop, and changing default messaging app back to original has fixed my car mode. That said, the S5 car mode app is lame and you are not missing anything.

Hey Kevin, I did all your step and is working, I am more happy than a dog having two tail πŸ˜€πŸ˜€