Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need help changing my alternate pass code! but forgot original one!

I've been using the fingerprint scanner on the GS5 but sometimes I run into problems I tried to enter my alternate pass code (or at least what I thought it was) and it doesn't work, and in order for me to change it I need the original which I don't have. Is there any way to bypass this and create a new one?

Posted via Android Central App
    Banned

Default Re: Need help changing my alternate pass code! but forgot original one!

Go to the store and see if they can help! Of course they will verify if it's your phone or not first!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

I had the same problem. Delete your scanned fingerprints, this also deletes your alternative password. Then just rescan your fingers and reset the password

here4kids likes this.

Yup, delete your fingerprints in the fingerprint manager and that will clear your alternative password.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Caledonia91 View Post
    Yup, delete your fingerprints in the fingerprint manager and that will clear your alternative password.
    When you try to delete a fingerprint, you are asked for your alternate password..... which doesnt help you if you have forgotten the password.

Google this address to replace a forgotten password: Android Device Manager. You must use your google password to access that site. Then you can lock your phone with a brand new phone password and use that one in the future.

where do you go to delete the fingerprints? i cant find it.
    fyi it is also not recognizing my finger.
    Last edited by Ricky Taylor; 05-04-2014 at 10:03 PM.

Settings
    Quick settings
    Finger scanner
    Finger print manager
    (in this step, you will need to verify by scanning your finger print)
    Select menu (in the upper right hand corner where the 3 dots are)
    Choose Deselect

Thanked by:

this didn't work, there is no quick settings

This method definitely works.

My fingerprint is not recognized and insists on alternate password which is gone...stuck with an unusable system

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Clinton View Post
    I had the same problem. Delete your scanned fingerprints, this also deletes your alternative password. Then just rescan your fingers and reset the password

Scanned fingerprints can't be deleted if the phone can't recognize your print...still needs the alternative password...

Clear out all Credential Certificates.

Settings (search for 'cre') select Clear Credentials.

Passwords and Pincodes will be erased.

Not sure about the Fingerprints, but those should go also.
    Verizon Galaxy S5 since Launch Day using ART

Nova Prime, Textra, Blue Mail
    MacroDroid > Scrn off=Wifi Data OFF > Scrn on=WiFi Data ON

Quote Originally Posted by mgalvez1029 View Post
    Settings
    Quick settings
    Finger scanner
    Finger print manager
    (in this step, you will need to verify by scanning your finger print)
    Select menu (in the upper right hand corner where the 3 dots are)
    Choose Deselect

This method worked quickly. Thank you mgalvez1029!!!!

Go to:
    Settings
    Fingerprint Scanner
    Fingerprint Manager
    Swipe down your Index finger (dont forget that's the finger you used to set it up with) I kept using my thumb
    swipe it straight down the middle
    Press and Hold Fingerprint 1 and you should see the trashcan icon, once you delete it you will need to re configure your fingerprint, but it will walk you through it, and then pick your password, it has to be at least 4 characters and have a letter in it, not just numbers keep it in mind when you re do it so you don't have to go through this all over again!!!
    This worked for me on my Galaxy S5 for Sprint phone. Good Luck!!
    Last edited by Debbie risley; 07-02-2014 at 01:57 PM. Reason: typo
    Thanked by:

can't enter password forgot the original one

can't sign in no finger scanner to let me in my phone

can't scan finger print or sign in with password forgot

Thanks bro! Your advise just worked like magic. Google device manager work!

How do you do that when my phone deleted the fingerprint icon? This happened while trying to use thumb print to turn phone on.the password not working, locked out of phone.

Same thing happened to me yesterday while trying to swipe my phone on to make a call. Poof. The thumb print gone and my alternative password won't work, Locked out! Verizon can't even log into my phone. So missing my iPhone right now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie risley View Post
    Go to:
    Settings
    Fingerprint Scanner
    Fingerprint Manager
    Swipe down your Index finger (dont forget that's the finger you used to set it up with) I kept using my thumb
    swipe it straight down the middle
    Press and Hold Fingerprint 1 and you should see the trashcan icon, once you delete it you will need to re configure your fingerprint, but it will walk you through it, and then pick your password, it has to be at least 4 characters and have a letter in it, not just numbers keep it in mind when you re do it so you don't have to go through this all over again!!!
    This worked for me on my Galaxy S5 for Sprint phone. Good Luck!!

This worked perfectly! Great Advice.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast